Job Title: Software Test Analyst
Department: Software Engineering
Job Category: Full time, Exempt
IWT is a solutions-oriented company dedicated to creating revolutionary communications solutions for a myriad of applications with focus in safety, security and defense. Our mission is to continue to build a strong and profitable organization by selecting and retaining top-tier, self-driven engineering team members. This team is an integral part of a larger product development, service and support organization; working together to deliver products and services that enrich our customer’s lives by making them safer, more effective and more profitable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Design and implement automated testing tools to support functional, performance and acceptance testing, and update tools as needed to ensure currency and accuracy.
Verify that the software deliverables meet requirements for functionality, performance and quality process standards.
Collaborate with engineers, providing frequent feedback to developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
Oversee or executes manual tests when necessary.
Develop testing protocol for various aspects, such as usability, database impact, error and bug finding, regression testing, performance impact and implementation scenarios.
Maintaining the test suite and related documentation, both automated and manual test cases.
Assisting with investigations of field issues including working with customers to understand the issue, creating methods to reproduce the issue and working with system and software developers to isolate the root cause.
Identify, analyze and create detailed records of problems that appear during testing, such as software defects, bugs, functionality issues and work directly with software developers to find solutions and develop retesting procedures.
Research and implement current methodologies and tools related to software quality assurance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Attention to detail and tenacity
Good analytical skills
Good time management skills
Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision after training period.
Good written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
· Self-motivated, curious-minded, creative, innovative and flexible team player
· The candidate should have experience and knowledge with software testing, the ability to think critically and a proven track record of responsible task ownership and reliable execution.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or similar field
· Minimum five to ten (5-10) years of relevant work experience
· Experience working with TCP/IP networking and network analysis tools such as Wireshark
· US Citizen and DoD clearance eligible
· Programming in C/C++ or Java.
· Manual dexterity and coordination
· Must be able to stand, bend, climb, kneel, lift, push, reach or stoop for extended periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift