Healthesystems offers workplace flexibility with our Work-From-Home model, and a competitive compensation and benefits package including healthcare coverage, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), company-provided life insurance/disability coverage, wellness options, and more.
Note: we are unable to hire in every state
Summary: The Clinical Pharmacist, Formulary Support role provides strategic clinical support for all clinical drug formulary related customer initiatives, ongoing evaluation of client-specific and workers' compensation trends, and continual assessment of drug formulary programs and services. This role assists in all aspects of Formulary Management provided by the Clinical Services division, including but not limited to: research, recommendations, strategy, implementation, and operations of customer drug formularies. The Clinical Pharmacist, Formulary Support role supports the Clinical Services department in developing clinical programs to optimize patient care, including identifying pertinent clinical information and facilitating effective clinical decision support.
Key Responsibilities: "To simplify complexities for each customer."
- Maintain customer drug formularies and implement requested changes
- Ongoing maintenance and enhancements of formularies; auditing and QA of formularies as required
- Coordinate and partner with company stakeholders in formulary research, recommendations, strategic planning, development, implementation, maintenance, enhancements, auditing, testing, routing, and mapping as applicable
- Partner with stakeholders for review and recommendations on proposed and passed regulations impacting formularies and/or dispensing rules; Assist with interpretation, impact analysis, and implementation of regulatory requirements; Provide regulatory and formulary communication to customers, clinical services, account management, and other pertinent teams on a need-to-know basis
- Support Healthesystems Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee research
- Maintain awareness of changes in pharmaceutical products and regulatory and legal developments
- Coordinate and partner with company stakeholders to ensure accurate understanding of key clinical initiatives
- Work with clinical peers and others in the company to develop programs and services to improve pharmacy prescribing and dispensing in the care of patients
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required, Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred; plus, three to five years formulary-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Active Pharmacist License in good standing is required in state of pharmacy practice.
Requires experience in presenting technical information to large groups in an engaging and appropriate manner.
Clinical experience in formulary management is required.
Strong clinical background and evidence of good writing skills is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven clinical problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated proficiency in using contemporary computer software
- Drug literature retrieval/analysis/evaluation experience required
- Ability to define problems, analyze data, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply clinical knowledge effectively and efficiently
- Able to make presentations to internal groups, clients and at educational conferences
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
Duties are performed primarily in a home office setting utilizing computer equipment. Travel to attend meetings and visit locations throughout the country may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.*** Job descriptions will be reviewed and are subject to changes of business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To facilitate working from home, and as a requirement for this role, candidates must provide their own reliable, high speed internet access with sufficient bandwidth to execute all job functions. Company laptop will be provided.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, geographical cost of labor, etc. In addition to base pay, Healthesystems offers a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness resources, recognition programs, 401k contribution, and PTO & Holiday pay (all subject to eligibility requirements). Applicable statutory benefits also provided. https://healthesystems.com/careers/
Anticipated Starting Pay Range