VP of Operations
January 1, 2019
This position will work with the Frothy Monkey Roasting Co. team to grow brand awareness, market share and customer development in the US, highlighting the brand value through expertise, products and communication. This person will need to be driven and goal oriented with a proven ability to plan, track, and execute key metrics. Must also possess excellent communication skills, the ability to work within a team and independently, with effective, strong analytical and leadership skills and represent the Frothy Monkey Roasting Co. brand in a positive manner.
Preferred to have three to five years' sales experience in the beverage/hospitality industry. Willingness and ability to travel, valid driver’s license, and minimum three years’ general sales/account management experience required.
Ability to manage and focus on the business development of current wholesale customers and growth of new
- Ability and willingness to learn, develop and train on Frothy Monkey Roasting Co. & the Specialty Coffee Association’s specs and standards of coffee, espresso, tea, etc.
- Ability to utilize data analytic (PowerBi) and CRM tools (HubSpot) to communicate internally with the FMRC team and externally with wholesale customers
- Establish and maintain communication (outbound and inbound) schedule with wholesale/distributor customers
- Meet company sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plan brand activation and budget utilization
- Order and utilize budget of point-of-sale (POS) material
- Achieve the standards set by leadership and ownership in order to attain improved market visibility
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable with the key decision makers for top accounts
- Develop and update a shared list of account contacts and productivity for territory
- Manage and increase sales performance and brand awareness
- Manage schedule to connect with customers on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis based off of set priority schedule, with constant availability to the customer via phone or email
Key Account Calls
- Perform the processes necessary to sell the FMRC portfolio through designated local/regional/national accounts
- Coordinate with the Leadership team to integrate regional and national retail initiatives to assure effective wholesaler execution
- Attend key wholesaler business planning meetings and quarterly reviews as it pertains to the business
- Coordinate with a team in the development of post and pre-promotional analysis, schematic distribution and shelf space opportunities, category validator account strategy, and field sales reporting
- Inspire marketing to support channel strategy through effective promotions, merchandising, and specialty package development
- Develop department administrative capabilities to communicate programs to all constituents, maintain pricing database.
Logistical Sales Support
- Work with Supply Chain to identify and optimize coffee/tea/allied product shipments to wholesalers
- Directly contact wholesale customers, across regional/national footprint, to solicit incremental quantities of tea/allied products to achieve targets.
- Assist with gathering data needed to complete monthly Sales Performance Review meetings
- Assist with identifying opportunity/focus markets
- Assist with other projects/analysis supportive of increased volume sales as requested by Leadership
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum three years’ general sales/account management experience required. Preferred to have three to five years' sales experience in the beverage/hospitality industry.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional knowledge of sales, marketing, and development processes as well as customer service principles and basic business principles.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (Microsoft) and company CRM systems (Quickbooks and Hubspot)
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or the business community.
- Should be an expert in forward-thinking market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Efficiently work under pressures, deadlines, and stretch extra hours to complete the assigned task.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to act/work independently
- Highly motivated