TRC is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the lead discipline engineer, project engineer or project manager, the candidate will lead, share information and direct a multi-discipline design team to meet project schedules and deadlines. He/she must possess the ability to organize, anticipate problems, analyze situations and provide sound solutions that will affect the successful completion of the project.
- Perform basic or standard engineering analysis and provide recommendations associated with gas capacity requests, system operating procedures, equipment and facility integrity assessments, and system analysis.
- Perform basic or standard engineering analysis/calculations and designs (e.g., site layout, piping design, material specification, etc.) associated with small-scale complex projects and/or participate in large-scale complex projects.
- Independently collate and analyze data within one area using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department's decision-making process.
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
- Test and challenge existing procedures and highlight areas for improvement in order to ensure they are robust.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit TRC.
- Undertake specific tasks of varying complexity in order to support colleagues in the design of technical solutions.
- Build upon technical/professional skills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
- Conduct specific projects within area of capability and perform engineering studies, analysis and investigations, under supervision, in order to recommend corrective action in problem areas, or to prevent problems.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from an ABET accredited engineering school. (Professional experience will determine appropriate engineering position)
- Valid PE license for one or more of the following states: Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Massachusetts
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice, standards, and legislation.
- Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
- Need to possess a valid driver's license with a safe driving history required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Receptive to change and is willing to change ideas or opinions based on new information or contrary evidence.
- Experienced in spreadsheet and word processing.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal schedule.
- Understands construction techniques, material properties and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of the other discipline requirements.
- Understanding of the project initiation, execution, and close-out requirements.
- Ability to travel as dictated by job requirements.
Indeed Hire and TRC Companies, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- project initiation, execution, and close-out: 2 years (Required)
- Professional Engineering (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- LaGrange, IN: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)