Video Game Marketing Specialist for North Star Games
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Video Game Marketer to manage the launch of our groundbreaking digital board games.
About North Star Digital Studios:
North Star Digital Studios is taking North Star Games’ nationwide brands into the digital age. Founded in 2013, our goal is to change the expectations of what a digital board game can be. We are defining a new industry benchmark and bringing top notch turn-based strategy video games to the masses.
What you'll do:
- Promote the upcoming launch of our video game, Evolution, to press, influencers and future players. You will handle all marketing of the game including but not limited to:
- Build online visibility and awareness through various content marketing including regular updates/discussion on our Blog, eNewsletter, Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.), Reddit, BoardGame Geek, etc.
- Represent North Star at upcoming game conventions such as Gen Con and PAX, demoing the game at our booth space, scheduling meetings with press, and promoting our participation and pushing any announcements.
- Work with partnered PR firm to provide game assets, messaging, and other resources for future promotion. * Manage contact lists and coordinate email campaigns with MailChimp. Regular outreach to press, influencers, advertisers, our fans, pre- and post-show lists.
- Build, guide, and respond to our community of fans through our Website Forum, Discord, Store Forums, Reddit, BoardGameGeek, Social Media channels, etc.
- Assist with managing the fulfillment of remaining Kickstarter deliverables, including release of game keys/codes, in-game digital exclusives, coordinating team matches, etc. Also assist with publishing regular Kickstarter updates to backers, respond to messages/comments.
- Monitor and report analytics for marketing campaigns, social media engagement, advertising, etc.
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of marketing experience in the gaming or entertainment industries
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a passion for marketing / communications / social outreach and the skills to manage a process that engages and grows our fan base.
- Experience Content Marketing via social media, blogging, video, and email marketing.
- Experience creating, moderating, or managing forums and working in CMS environments
- Role is onsight at our location in Kensignton, MD.
- Experience with Google Drive (especially Excel/spreadsheets), Mailchimp, and Slack.
- Successfully launched video game titles
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Successfully built an audience using Content Marketing
- Passion for board games
- Knowledge of North Star Games and its titles a plus
As part of North Star Games, our mission is to bring people together through exciting and memorable experiences. We aim to inspire laughter, cheering, creativity, and communication amongst friends and families through games that engage and enrich the mind.Our Board Games include the award-winning hits Wits & Wagers (over 1 million sold), Say Anything, Evolution, and Happy Planet games.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Content Marketing: 2 years