CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
PT Technology Coordinator (Services Corp/Harris Conference Center)
Position Closing Date:
Open until filled
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES
PT Technology Coordinator position available at the Harris Conference Center serving Harris Campus.
Coordinates the scheduling, set up and operation of public address systems, AV equipment and sound recording equipment for the college.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Initiates and oversees technology procurement process; works directly with CPCC Procurement to ensure that HCC abides by State and College policies and procedures.
2. Manages vendor delivery, equip installation and ongoing support of all conference center audio visual equipment and systems.
3. Provides technical support for audio-visual and computer equipment for HCC clients and staff.
4. Serves as liaison between HCC and ITS regarding equipment standards, networking and computer equipment support.
5. Researches and evaluates the latest trends in conference center technology and equipment; makes recommendations regarding supplies and vendors regarding audio visual purchases and installations.
6. Sources and schedules external audio visual support as needed.
7. Responsible for the oversight, programming and presets for HCC’s lighting system; provides a local area network, wireless troubleshooting and network access for HCC clients and staff.
8. Performs routine maintenance and repair of audio-visual equipment.
9. Serves as administrator for HCC booking & room diagraming software and social media sites.
10. Maintains an inventory of client company logos for use by HCC staff, in group signage.
11. Designs and schedules graphics and messaging for HCC digital signage.
Maintains equipment as necessary.
12. Records and digitally edits audio for meeting sessions per client requests.
13. Provides training for HCC staff on basic audio-visual equipment, skills and techniques.
14. Sets audio visual and computer equipment to client specifications.
15. Responds directly to client inquiries and requests and ensures overall guest satisfaction.
16. Provides consistent communication with Harris Conference Center sales, planning and operational staff.
17. Sets tables and chairs according to client specification.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Technical expertise in sound reinforcement and recordings
- Knowledge of electronics and audio visual equipment
- Strong customer service and communication skills
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer technology field and 2 years of related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a computer technology field.
A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $18.57. Classification type is part-time. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, CPCC is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students call CPCC home, making it the largest community college in the Carolinas and a job training powerhouse as it strives to be the national leader in workforce development.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.