As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Taking responsibility for an important segment of the planning program of CDM Smith, which is involved in solving critical environmental problems whose solution requires major planning efforts and/or public consensus building.
- Generally managing a few groups within the organization and a large number of staff.
- Recommending the facilities, personnel, and funds required to implement programs.
- Acting as a leader and authority in CDM Smith in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
- Managing large projects or large phases of projects.
- Taking full project management responsibilities (depending on career path).
- Taking full budget, cost control, and technical responsibility Interacting with clients on a daily basis.
- Taking responsibility for quality control.
- Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within area of expertise.
- Consulting associates and others, when they place a high degree of reliance placed on your interpretations and advice.
- Taking responsibility for project administration duties (preparing and monitoring budget and schedule, preparing correspondence).
- Effectuating CDM Smith's business goals in strategic business development, project management, and staff utilization and development levels.
- Possibly having full or partial office management responsibilities.
- Reviewing project data and research conducted by others.
- Devising new approaches to problems encountered and coordinating various technical aspects of work.
- Acting as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff.
- Bachelor's degree in arts, planning, engineering, or science required.
- AICP Certification, or approved Certification in a related field, or a Masters Degree in planning, engineering, science, or environmental science/management.
- 12 years of related experience with Bachelors degree or 11 years of experience with Masters degree.
- Current PM certification (either PMP; CCM and DBIA) or ability to receive within 12 months of start.
Work requires use of computers for extended periods, resulting in prolonged use of computer keyboard and exposure to computer monitors. Work also involves occasional field-work on a variety of sites and under a wide range of environmental conditions.