Otak is looking to hire a Construction Project Manager to oversee public works infrastructure projects, including transportation and water/sewer/utility projects. We are expanding our Construction Management / Project Management team and looking for employees to join our team during this time of growth. You will be responsible for coordination with clients and construction contractors, internal construction inspection staff, and the project engineering team.
We employ staff skilled in construction management, inspection, administration, and engineering support. Our technical experts excel in implementing front-line techniques and methodologies to ensure successful project completion and that our clients' needs are met. Otak's inspectors are certified to perform all FHWA, ODOT, WSDOT, OSHA, and local agency required inspections.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of managing and administering a construction project as an owner’s representative
- Utilize your prior experience in public transportation and utility construction projects to successfully manage and administer construction projects
- Provide technical expertise in constructability reviews, cost estimating, and scheduling
What you have:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to provide own transportation to project sites
What you might have:
- At least 10 years of experience directly managing construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering license in good standing
- Previous experience managing and administering federal, state, and/or municipal construction projects
Why work at Otak?
Otak is different. We imagine, plan, and create exceptional places that add to the communities where we live, work, and enjoy life. Our planning, design, engineering, architectural, and project management professionals take their responsibility to future generations seriously. We value sustainability, social equity, and community involvement.
Our staff is connected, engaged, and fulfilled in their professional and personal lives. We have a sense of community and collaborative spirit (join a happy hour gathering or an office camping trip). We laugh about it, but if Otak were a car, it would most likely be a Subaru: adventurous and dependable, but also fun with a loyal and spirited following.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Otak is leaning in on diversity through our Equity and Inclusion initiative. We are actively exploring ways to accelerate professional and leadership advancement for women and the under-represented. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
Sound like a place you’d like to spend some time and advance your career? Join us! Please apply online and include a cover letter that sells your skills with your resume.