21st CCLC Extended Learning Programs Site Coordinators
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s or Associates’ Degree in Education, Youth Development, Psychology, Social Work or related field. 3 years of experience in afterschool programming.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge & keen proficiency in 21st CCLC statistical and data requirements required.
Prefer 3-5 years of experience in afterschool programming.
- Ability to work with a wide range of school and community partners to assess community needs and develop a system of support for disadvantaged students and their families through high-quality after-school opportunities.
- Coordinate after school program activities and summer programming by integrating the school curriculum to promote positive effect on students’ academic achievement, social and physical development.
- Develop and administer program initiatives and policies in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Work closely with Principal or designee and Curriculum Advisors on afterschool programs, summer programs, and other related school/community events.
- Monitor and implement quality improvement systems to ascertain accountability.
- Coordinate and run programs such as the end of the year celebration, family engagement activities, talent shows, field trips, and awards celebrations.
- Maintain smooth program logistics, including room assignments, student attendance, snack distribution, track program spending, coordination with school and providers, transportation, computer database and other logistics.
- Administer provider contracts, scheduling, and invoices.
- Participate in all organization wide special events such as the Annual Meeting, Open Houses, and Holiday Membership Events. Also will attend quarterly organization-wide staff meetings.
- Cultivate existing and create new community partnerships to improve the marketing, fundraising, and advocacy strategies to support and sustain initiatives.
- Collect data necessary for 21st CCLC evaluation activities.
- Represent 21st CCLC at a wide range of community/school meetings by participating in the 21st CCLC Statewide Network, School Committee, District Parent Advisory Committee, School Improvement Team, Faculty meeting and core academic content committee.
- Organize and run the 21st CCLC Advisory Committee.
- Oversee Teaching Staff, Parent Engagement Coordinator, Enrichment Instructors, Volunteers and Youth Workers to ensure the quality of the program is maintained.
- Assist with grant management and reporting.
SALARY: $25.00 per hour.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday; 2:45-5:30 pm
WORKSITE: Bellingrath Middle School
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 2018-May 2019
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
HOW TO APPLY: All applicants should complete the State of Alabama on-line application and attach it to the specific job number in order to be eligible for hire. This application can be found on the website www.alsde.edu/teachinAlabama. Any questions should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (334) 223-6730.
SPECIAL NOTE: The person selected for this position must agree to a background check, be fingerprinted, and pay a $49.65 fee. This is required by law. THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.“NO PERSON SHALL BE DENIED EMPLOYMENT OR BE EXCLUDED FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM OR ACTIVITY ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, SEX, RACE, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, COLOR OR AGE.” ANNOUNCEMENT: PR-16-
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour