This is a Grant-funded position
Under the direct supervision of the COVID-19 Response Public Health and Safety Manager, the Inmate Movement Coordinator (IMC) is a strong leader responsible for working with the Infection Control Nurse and medical team to manage inmate placement as part of the HCSO public health and safety plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with nursing and support services to ensure appropriate inmate placement consistent with HCSO classification protocols, inmate medical needs, and public health standards
- Responsible for discharging and notifying the Program Manager of Public Health and Safety as well as HCSO command when appropriate availability reaches critical levels or potential area-specific bottlenecks occur
- Assists with continuous quality improvement participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of service/unit plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Complies with established standards as established by professional nursing organizations, national, state, and local regulatory agencies, and institutional policies and procedures
- Collaborate with identified medical and uninformed leads to promote cultural change, monitor, and enforce adherence to protocols and procedures
- Maintain employee records of those who are out on quarantine or isolation and manage appropriate situations to return
- Notify workplace contacts of potential exposure while maintaining the confidentiality
- Work with the HHD on contact tracing efforts among the staff, as needed
- Create a written procedure for notification/determination of workplace contacts
- Manage workplace plans and policies, including a plan for staffing shortages and return to work policies
- Serve as liaison to contractors to adhere to same COVID-19 workplace requirements as HCJ staff
- Verify and enforce that all unnecessary services/contractors have ceased
- Educate staff and audit compliance (e.g., on PPE re-use and “brown bag method”)
- Maintain situational awareness of Safety threats
- Consistently track changes to federal, state, and local safety and health guidance
- Upholds high standards of integrity and ethical behavior, mentors others, role models professionalism, and participates in professional and community activities
- Performs other assignments and duties as required, necessary, and/or as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited licensed vocational nursing program
- Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Nursing to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- One (1) year of work professional experience in a hospital or clinical care setting
Continued employment is contingent on compliance with State of Texas Board of Nursing requirements for a continuing license as a Registered Nurse in good standing.
- State and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, loss control, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution, and the environment
- Environmental Public Health and safety measures
- Office software such as Microsoft Office Suite software, with an emphasis on Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Excellent Communication, Written and verbal
- Multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Communicate effectively and appropriately, speak in a clear and credible manner and use good judgment Be up to date on the latest local and state regulations changes
- Meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to, standing, bending, walking for extended periods of time, lifting, and transporting patients, and transporting supplies
- Lift and carry items which may weigh up to 50 lbs
- Cope with stressful situations and to work with diverse populations
- Available to work overtime and/or varying duty hours as deemed necessary; with an excellent attendance record
- Direct interaction with inmates
- May require working under stressful conditions
- Job duties may result in possible exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids
Pre-employment testing may be required for this positionNOTE:
- To qualify for this position, required experience, education and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history
- Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration
- Experience obtained while in the military must also be included as part of your employment history on the application
- Previous LVN experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience as an LVN in Correctional Health
- 40 hours per week
- Including Weekends and Holidays
- Overtime and varying duty hours as required
"The Harris County Sheriff's Office is a qualified employer for student loans forgiveness programs."
Please contact your loan administrator for details.
Preference will be given to current Harris County Sheriff's Office employees deemed qualified
Harris County Sheriff's Office employees are exposed to confidential and law enforcement sensitive information.
A thorough background investigation is required to properly evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment.
It is essential that you provide accurate information in all aspects of the process. The process will end for applicants who fail to provide truthful information.
If you reach the background investigation phase of the hiring process, the following documents will be required. To accelerate the hiring process, we recommend that you upload/attach copies of these documents with your application, though it is not a requirement.
- Birth Certificate (issued by a government agency not hospital), Certificate of Naturalization or Permanent Residency Card
- Social Security Card
- Driver's License (front and back)
- Proof of Education: ADN Transcript (These could be unofficial, a sealed original will be required at the time of the background interview)
- DD-214 Military Discharge form [if applicable] (copy of original Member -4 form)
- Proof of License as a Registered Nurse by the State of Texas Board of Nursing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.07 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Licensed Vocational Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (Required)
Company's Facebook page: