Job Description :GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Summer Internship for May-August 2019 in the Market Performance and Implementation division at Highmark Health.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to the related business line(s) and to develop the next generation of diverse business professionals. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in the business line, expose the various career opportunities in the business line and related areas, and prepare participants for positions in the business.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist with the intake of operational objectives and information gathering. May perform routine research and evaluate basic output requirements and formats. Communicate business operational requirements to internal groups responsible for developing/testing business requirements in various applications.
Support the coordination, monitoring, and reporting on the progress of projects to ensure adherence to defined project schedule. Communicate effectively with colleagues. Successfully articulate issues, problems, and solutions. Participate in pre-and post-implementation review. Assist in the planning, designing, and facilitation of functional walk-throughs. May require additional support from more experienced team members.
Assist with small to intermediate cross-functional projects and change initiatives involved in the design and delivery of business process solutions, implementation strategies, and control measures, including scoping, leading, and influencing organizational change related to business processes and models.
Participate in process improvement meetings and/or discussions.
Support analysis of the functions and operations of a business area/function and identify problem areas. Assist in the creation of process mapping and document current and future state business processes.
Recommend process efficiencies, strategies for improvement, and/or solutions to align technology with business strategies.
Assist in development of desktop procedures and/or training materials.
Other duties as assigned.
Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program.
Major in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations and or related field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Communicate effectively while interacting directly with colleagues, clientele, and/or other internal or external constituencies in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
2. Under supervision, provide entry-level professional services as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the area. Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from senior personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
3. Undertake and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
4. Participate in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within area of expertise and ability.
5. As specifically requested by management, conduct research and reporting inclusive of recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
6. Undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
7. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please call HR Services at 844-242-HR4U or visit HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org