Our client, a Durham based law firm that is one of the leading intellectual property law firms in the world, has an immediate need for a very sharp, tech savvy and diligent team player to join its team.
Inventors come to our client to obtain patents for their inventions. Attorneys work with their clients to ensure they are protecting the intellectual property of their work – globally. This Legal Assistant will support the International Patent attorneys.
Position will involve researching, preparing, filing and maintaining all documents, data and resources needed for the processing of patents. Familiarity with patent documents and filing requirements would be valuable but is not required.
Things to Note:
- Role will require regular interface with clients and colleagues across the globe. Right candidate will work exceedingly well in a multicultural setting.
- This position will be the keeper of all documents and data related to assigned patents. Seek highly organized candidate with outstanding point-person skills.
- Role will involve extensive “paperwork,” some of which may be tedious. Seek methodical and meticulous candidate who enjoys a processing role and has the demonstrated ability to maintain order, despite volume and disruption.
- Obtain information from clients regarding their patent needs. Update systems to reflect learned information
- Prepare required documents such as Powers of Attorney, Inventors Rights documents, etc. and ensure completeness and timeliness of submissions
- Liaise with foreign agents to determine filing requirements for their countries
- Liaise with clients to ensure execution and return of documentation in advance of local deadlines
- Act as point-person for ensuring all documents are submitted; monitor progress of submissions and ensure any additional requirements are handled
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including email review/reply, phone coverage, processing quotes, invoicing clients, etc.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Job Type: Full-time