Primary responsibilities include ensuring the safety and structure of the program milieu by monitoring client activities, enforcing the schedule for groups, meal breaks, and meetings, and assisting clients with their personal needs.
1. Observes and supervises buildings and grounds and reports anything unusual to supervisor/nurse on duty.
2. Completes all necessary checklists and paperwork in a timely manner. Responsible for all shift documentation and record keeping in accordance with agency policies and procedures as directed.
3. Interfaces in a professional manner with other agency units and agencies.
4. Attends daily rounds, monthly staff meetings, and Bi-weekly supervision, if directed.
5. Shares supervision of client programming and recreational activities, facilitates community meetings, and mediates client disputes as directed.
6. Inventories laundry and/or other supplies as needed.
7. Responsible for remaining on unit/campus until replacement coverage arrives.
8. Searches client belongings on admission and at discharge and/or as otherwise directed by supervisor.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience working with substance abuse population.
Must be able to complete on-site CPR training/certification.
Must demonstrate ability to relate to a substance abuse treatment population in a sensitive manner, an interest and willingness to work in a multicultural setting and must share a customer service orientation. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs and maintains confidentiality.
Valid MA Driver?s License in good standing.
Full time, 40 hours per week, Sun-Thursday, 2:30PM-11PM
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.