- CAD Software
This position will report to the Supervisor of Business Technology. The Business Technology group is responsible for managing document controls, project delivery and engineering technologies, and end user support for Electric Transmission.
The position applies an intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues focused on CAD. The CAD User Support Specialist will work on
problems of moderately complex scope. Act as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follow established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluate unique circumstances and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of related experience in Engineering or Engineering-related fields including experience in Bentley Substation, MicroStation, AutoCAD, or other CAD technology administration or power user experience
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience as a Mechanical Drafter/Designer using MicroStation
- Able to comprehend and communicate CAD standards for engineering content
- Formal training in Bentley software beyond the beginning level
- Experience working with both Bentley and Autodesk products, preferably ProjectWise, AutoCAD, PLS CADD
- Experience in creating custom MicroStation configurations a plus
- Familiarity with geospatial data, including surveys, GIS, LIDAR, and photogrammetry
- Familiarity with CAD system configuration
- Experience working with utility software
Apply growing technical knowledge to solve application issues with limited risk/complexity. Resolve single- and cross technology/application incidents independently. Provide clear documentation of errors and solutions. Participate as an instructor for training and workshops to improve technical skills related to engineering applications.
Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded by the organization. View all processes and potential improvements through the customer's eyes in order to meet our goal of improving customer satisfaction. Remove organizational or process barriers that negatively impact customers.
Ensure that excellence is the standard, by which all work within the organization, is evaluated. Under general direction, integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create effective solutions for the company. Ensure metrics are in place to support improved performance and transparency.
Provide vision and direction for optimizing CAD workflows as part of the Engineering Services Team. Work with team members, IT, and other the company organizations to resolve unusually complex or cross-technology incidents. Work with engineering departments to establish standardized processes. Partner with employees, union representatives, peers, other departments, and agencies to improve the overall business results for PG&E.
Nearest Major Market:
- Provides a minimum of Tier II level of CAD support.
- Identify, propose and influence solutions to complex business problems
- Assist and advise Engineering Services Team of required system upgrades
- Serves as an escalation resource to the IT Helpdesk on technical support items
- Serves as a technical authority to PG&E user base on engineering technology procedures, methodologies, environments and applications
- Acts as a mentor and coach of engineering technology
- Office-based position, with infrequent travel to remote office sites.
Nearest Secondary Market: