About Meredith Corporation:
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:
MDP; meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms — including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video — to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty, fashion, news and sports. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 5,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. and at walmart.com., as well as innovative business-to-business marketing solutions provided by Meredith Xcelerated Marketing.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce 700 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Synapse. Like the powerful connections in the brain we take our name from, we too make powerful connections.
For over 20 years, we have connected people with their passions, products with engaged customers, and our multi-channel clients—including some of the world’s largest consumer brands—with innovative marketing programs.
At Synapse, we employ over 170 professionals whose sole focus is creating, executing, and sustaining winning marketing programs tailored to our clients. Our programs leverage powerful brands to help our partners achieve their marketing objectives, strengthening their customer relationships and their bottom lines.
At Synapse, you’ll work with impressive minds, enjoy great perks, and be a part of a unique company culture. If you’re passionate about writing your own story and growing ours, we’d like to hear from you.
- Work closely with the business to provide financial and operational guidance and leadership
- Manage multiple p/l statements
- Prepare various weekly channel subscription and performance reports
- Prepare monthly p/l variance analysis and risk/opportunities analysis
- Assist in all aspects related to the month-end close including, accrual process, client invoicing, cancel analysis and preparation of journal entries
- Assist in preparation of quarterly business review presentations, quarterly reforecast and annual budget and long term planning process
- Prepare various financial ad hoc analyses, such as, product profitability, gross margin analysis, etc.
- Support the business in development of new offer p/l models.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines quickly and accurately
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized with strong follow through
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Hyperion and MicroStrategy knowledge a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Management or equivalent
- 1 year of experience