Where will this role work?
- Monroe County Housing Authority operates several low-income elderly/disabled units throughout Monroe County as well as one family unit. This position will cover the following properties:
- Kilbourn Apartments, Tomah,
- Eastwood Manor I, Tomah, WI ( this location also includes a moderate income duplex)
- Eastwood Manor II, Tomah, WI
- Oakdale Apartments, Oakdale, WI
- Hilltop Apartments, Warrens, WI
- Wilcrest Manor, WIlton, WI
Schedule & Hours:
- Flexible hours ensuring work orders/repairs are completed in timely manner.
- Some evening and weekend on-call required for apartment lock outs/emergencies
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the above properties Special attention to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives is critical to overall success.
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- General maintenance and upkeep responsibilities including minor plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light carpentry, painting and landscaping.
- Responds to open work orders and resolves resident/tenant requests within reasonable timeframe.
- Prepare and turn vacated apartment units..
- Assists in scheduling and completing preventive maintenance for buildings and building equipment.
- Hands-on work of all building repairs, preventative maintenance and general upkeep of the facility with special attention to more involved operations or projects.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Walks property at regular intervals (daily) to ensure resident/tenant property rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly and in good maintenance condition.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assists in maintaining sufficient maintenance supply stock.
- Assists in contracting all outside vendors and taking bids for special projects or extensive maintenance.
- Maintains exterior grounds and interior common areas in quality, presentable condition.
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with residents, tenants, vendors and other external or internal organizations.
- Other tasks & duties as assigned based on business need.
- High school diploma/GED
- 1-4 years of experience in maintenance or related carpentry/construction. Ideally in residential or commercial real estate.
- Current and valid driver’s license required. Company Vehicle provided
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with community tenants, vendors / external parties, and across corporate divisions.
- Work/Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of properties
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
This job advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Monroe County Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Apply online or contact our office for more information. (608)269-5017
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,200.00 /year