Discount Drug Mart operates 73 retail pharmacy stores in the state of Ohio. Our mission is to give our customers a quality shopping experience by providing a wide variety of products and services, low prices and superior customer service, all with the convenience of one stop shopping.
We are looking for an Rehabilitation Specialist to learn our professional medical equipment business division (Hastings Durable Medical Equipment Division) and to play a vital role in it's growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for fitting adjusting and assembling rehab and other high tech equipment. This person will provide instructions to patients and referral sources, is knowledgeable of third party reimbursements and serves in a marketing role to promote the company's rehab services.
- 2 years rehab experience as an ATP
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Must have appropriate state licensures and a valid driver's license
- Must have dependable transportation
- Durable Medical Equipment and Home Care or Healthcare experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to set-up appointments for fittings, delivery, etc. in conjunction with customer service staff in the office.
- Responsible to do customer fittings and complete all appropriate documentation.
- Responsible to obtain all required authorizations, verifications and waivers for proper payment, through appropriate staff per policy and procedure.
- Responsible to deliver equipment or make arrangements for delivery and verify fit, equipment function and performance with complete and accurate documentation.
- Understands the DME (Durable Medical Equipment) business and technical requirements needed to make it successful.
Preferred Skills and Responsibilities
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must have knowledge of home medical and power mobility equipment and supplies
- Must have well developed organizational skills and a positive attitude
- Must have the ability to work independently within established policies and procedures
- Must have a working knowledge of current home medical equipment products, services and payor source guidelines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 65 lbs
We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive starting salary based upon experience
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance offered 1st of the month following date of hire
- Paid Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- 401K Plan with excellent matching contribution
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Store Discount Program
Discount Drug Mart is a Drug Free Workplace and we conduct pre-employment Background Checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: