Position: OSHPD General Contractor Superintendent- Orange County, CA
Overview: NelsonHPS is looking to add to our team of experts that are passionate about delivering Healthcare construction projects. Our firm is made up of individuals that have spent their entire careers focused on constructing, highly technical and challenging Healthcare projects. If Healthcare is your expertise and you want to join a successful team, please submit your resume!
Position Description: The Superintendent is the on-site project leader responsible for safety and overall execution of the work in accordance with the contract documents. The Superintendent owns the project site and controls the logistics, conditions and schedule with dedication. Superintendent is responsible for quality, leadership, planning, as well as the company’s site liaison.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Produce and monitor the project specific safety plan, review and approve the subcontractor’s site specific safety plan and monitor the jobsite safety and daily inspections.
- Create a culture of safety at the job site and set the tone for achieving positive safety results on the project.
- Responsible for the proper execution of the work in accordance with the contract documents and ensures every Vendor, Delivery of Materials and or Subcontractor is working with the latest set of approved documents.
- Understands how to strategically organize the project inspection process and how to track the areas that have been inspected and approved by the AHJ.
- Represent the Company concerning on-site matters with the owner Authorities Having Jurisdiction and designers.
- Create and maintain the baseline project schedule to assure conformance, produce and manage the “3-week look ahead” schedule and direct weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Ensure the project is delivered to the client with the highest level of quality, immediately flag and denote any work that does not conform to the approved documents or level of quality as set forth by the project specific quality control plan.
- Create and distribute the company’s daily job site report, noting all staffing deliveries, and any work not in conformance.
- Understand and implement all terms and conditions of all subcontracts and the owner contract.
- Assure conformance of field installations with the project documentation including review and approval of subcontractor’s shop drawings.
- Maintain project as-builds and assist the Project Manager with project close-out.
- Effectively manages the cost of work to ensure costs do not exceed the budget.
- Create a site logistics plan and ensure this plan has been bought off by the Owner and is maintained by the Vendors, Deliveries and Subcontractors.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years commercial construction experience for a general contractor with California Healthcare construction, heavily weighted on OSHPD 1 experience.
- Experience working as a general superintendent on projects from $1-15 million.
- Deep Knowledge of construction drawings, specifications and construction documents (RFI’s, Submittals, Contracts, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including excel, word and outlook, Microsoft Project software knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Inspection and Project Management software such as Procore, Constructware, eBuilder.
- Ability to lead and assess trade performance and quality on the job.
- Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules.
- Can visualize and create the project schedules critical path and can organize and perform Pull Planning scheduling team meetings.
- Must be able to stow their ego and understand they are a guest on a Hospital Campus and everything we do is for the betterment of the hospital not for the progress of a given project.
Job Type: Full-time
- OSHPD 1 Construction: 3 years (Required)
- OSHPD 3 Consrtruction: 5 years (Required)
- Costa Mesa, CA (Preferred)