For a skilled roll-up-your-sleeves accountant - someone who wants to wake up eager to do something good for the world, has the diligence to keep the books current, the accounting knowledge to prepare GAAP financials in a manufacturing setting, the curiosity to want to walk around and learn how a chemical plant works, and the judgement to see when the numbers don't make sense and to figure out why, this could be the best job you've ever had.
The Accounting Manager is a full-time position. Under guidance from the CFO, the Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining the books and records of the company. He or she is responsible for effectively recording and communicating meaningful and GAAP-compliant financials and working with all levels of the organization to appropriately maintain internal controls and support the growth and continuous improvement of the organization. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for various compliance reporting and tax filings – other than corporate income taxes.
RECORD KEEPING RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain close schedule & timely monthly, quarterly, and annual closes.
- Oversee all accounting (AR, AP, Revenue Recognition).
- Routine reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of journal entries
- Maintenance of accessible and documented paper records system
- Maintenance of accessible and secure virtual records
INTERNAL CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage purchasing process and expenses.
- Support annual budgeting and actual vs. budget analyses.
- Cooperative enforcement and management of internal controls and reporting.
- Support annual financial and periodic tax audits
REPORTING & COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- General ledger analysis – to identify anomalies or areas for improvement
- Ensure accounts reasonably reflect activity and GAAP standards.
- Financial management and Board reporting.
- Support and/or lead annual and periodic budgeting
- Maintaining a schedule of federal, state, local tax and compliance filings.
- Maintaining loan covenants and loan compliance reporting
- 5-6 years manufacturing accounting experience.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Strong communication skills – able to describe complex accounting transactions and their impact on financial statements.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and technical accounting skills.
- Self Starter, detailed, well organized, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal effectively with a variety of people.
- Experience with excise tax a plus.
Market-based compensation, regularly updated to stay current.
Health, vision, retirement, and an unusual sabbatical program
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
In order for your application to be considered, applicants must send a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA 98108 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave