We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Provides Direct Leadership to the Southwest Airlines Maintenance Controllers and AOG Controllers. Provides legendary Customer Service by ensuring the day-to-day maintenance requirements are satisfied in the most efficient and timely manner to support the scheduled Operation.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
- Interacts and coordinates with other Maintenance Departments, Dispatch, Flight Operations, Inflight, Ground Operations and other various operating groups within Southwest Airlines to establish Maintenance Operations Center procedures that will ensure the safest, most efficient operation in the Industry.
- Acts as the Maintenance representative for reviewing proposed MEL/CDL revisions and making recommendations for changes or approval, as appropriate.
- Acts as liaison with industry and FAA working groups dealing with regulation and policy directly affecting Maintenance Operations Center functions.
- Ensures accomplishment of periodic audits of Maintenance Operations Center processes to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures. Assists in development of action plans to address deficiencies.
- Ensures compliance with training requirements for Maintenance Operations Center Employees.
- Complies with directives set forth by the Sr Director Maintenance Operations Center.
- Appoints appropriate personnel to assume duties and responsibilities in his or her absence.
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience
maintenance experience on large commercial aircraft
management or supervisory experience or Maintenance Control experience
Boeing aircraft maintenance experience
relevant work experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Ability to lead and mentor a diverse group of highly technical personnel.
- Ability to adhere to SWA Maintenance Program policies and procedures while working under tight time constraints.
- A thorough knowledge and operating background of aircraft systems.
- Proficient in the use of maintenance reference material including Manufacturers' Maintenance Manuals, Structural Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, etc.
- Proficient in MEL and CDL procedures.
- Must be able to clearly communicate information and instructions verbally and in writing.
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer