Looking for a Career Opportunity? If so, please continue.
Bills Glass Service, southern Oregon’s largest glass company, has immediate openings for a Commercial Department Manager in their Medford, OR and Grants Pass locations.
Our reputation, commitment to quality, and the support from our community have allowed continued growth over the years resulting in our increased need for top notch managers.
If you have at least 3 years’ experience, a passion for doing the job right, and would like to work for a family owned business that offers employee benefits, incentive programs and has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau you should contact us now.
JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
List of Employee Benefits:
- Simple IRA Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Group Medical Coverage
- Monthly Incentive Program
- Quarterly Incentive Program
- Yearly Incentive Program
- Associates Degree in Business Management. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years aluminum storefront and curtain wall experience.
- Minimum 2 years estimating experience
- Use of estimating software preferred
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings and shop drawings.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in the use of other Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Approves all project billings, manages changes orders with client and subcontractors and approves all project costs.
The Commercial Department Manager is responsible for:
- Handling multiple construction projects, in a timely, organized fashion providing results that are on time and within budget.
- Responsible for the overall direction, administration, completion, and financial outcome of a construction projects.
- Oversees, directs and manages project teams including and general contractors, budget and schedule, to establish operational priorities and maintain good relationships with service area leadership and staff, subcontractors, etc.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors, job foremen and co-worker’s in a professional manner.
- Proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Manages employee direct and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frames.
- Establishes work plans, schedules and coordinates completion of the project through Staff, subcontractors, and project contractor.
- Approves all project billings, manages changes orders with client and subcontractors and approves all project costs.
- Responsible for maintaining project budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with estimating and accounting personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems related to project Management role.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural Blueprints, reading plans, fabrication, scheduling, ordering material, and installation in the commercial glazing industry.
- Tracking Submittals, Scheduling, purchasing as well as monitoring quality control and coordinating with Estimator and field labors.
Physical Daily Activities/Demands:
- Standing, Walking, Lifting, Loading and Unloading Materials from Freight Trucks.
- Exposures: High Places, Temperature, Weather, and Noise from Power Tools and Construction Job Sites.
**Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen, MVR report and other job requirements **
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration or more information, please email your resume and contact information or call us at 541-772-5469.
BBSI, a leader in the Human Resources Management industry since 1951, provides expert knowledge with best-in-class management tools and partners with businesses as they grow and evolve.
BBSI is proud to be an EOE and maintain a drug-free workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour