The Human Resources Generalist is the main point of contact for employee relations, talent acquisition, development, benefits, and delivering high level customer support to our Sales and Service team members at RHI Magnesita. This position is a US remote based position.
Responsibilities and duties:
The following is a summary of the main responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist position. Additional duties may be assigned through project work, auditing, or additional oversight of programs:
- This position is the key HR team member for talent acquisition efforts of our employees. Our ideal candidate will add a creative spin to our existing approach to recruiting as well as provide hands-on recruiting, screening, interviewing, orienting and benefits eligibility supporting local talent management, cultural engagement activities and on-boarding new team members.
- The second focus of the HRBP position will be to provide employee relations support to each assigned teams including meeting with Managers to assess the organizational health of their teams; helps anticipate issues and provide solutions in advance of challenges; helps the business resolve conflicts in the team; and applies people management programs or policies to help these leaders effectively manage their teams. Our ideal candidate will have a collaborative approach to working through challenges, educating our workforce, building strong relationships across our team.
- To provide the best support, this position will frequently reference HR policies in the administration of employee relations, for example has a strong understanding of employee handbook, policy documents, benefits programs, and how each of these programs intersect or run parallel to each other in the full employee life cycle. Our ideal candidate will have a strong working background in US Employment Law across multiple states.
- Our ideal candidate will have experience facilitating company-provided benefits programs, leaves of absence review process; supporting the management team in understanding their role in the leave processes; and continually updating and communicating clearly to the impacted employee his/her responsibilities under these programs.
Required education and experience
- BA in Human Resources Management or related business program from an accredited college or university
- Accredited certification, i.e. SHRM-CP, SHRM-CP, considered in lieu of college degree
- 5 years of human resources business partner experience, supporting field Sales and Service in a fast-paced work environment.
- High proficiency with use of an electronic timekeeping system, HRIS, or payroll system including data entry, data changes, and report analysis. RHI Magnesita uses Ceridian and SAP.
- Ability to interact with staff, partners, and the general public with a calm and professional demeanor, pleasant and clear tone of voice, and follow through with their requests.
- Attention to detail on instructions from team members or partners
- Thorough knowledge on Canadian labor laws and conditions of employment/employee relations.
What we bring to the table:
We are the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. Our company is defined by people. That's why we attach so much importance to our employees. We have a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for our customers. Our leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. We are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology
About RHI Magnesita:
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 40 countries and 3.1 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,000.00 - $118,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible