In the oil and gas industry, accuracy, responsiveness and communication are the keys to successful project execution. Mott MacDonald's survey teams are highly experienced in constructability, route and site selection, interfacing with right-of-way and environmental crews, and coordinating with engineering and design disciplines. We provide real time data management workflow using cutting-edge field-to-office technologies, such as online mapping and cloud servers. Our survey team leaders not only have extensive field experience, they also have proven GIS, CAD and database management skills.
Mott MacDonald will be adding an additional licensed Senior Surveyor to our team in our Canonsburg, PA office.
In this role, your duties would include:
- Planning, organizing, executing, and coordinating surveying services on assigned projects
- Overseeing and accomplishing surveys of projects assigned
- Being familiar with the general details of all projects being worked on
- Assuring projects are in accordance with scope of services and budget
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of survey procedures, quality control, and legal principles
- Assuring that all survey work is produced to standards of the profession, client, and company
- Utilizing creativity, foresight, and judgment in anticipating and solving technical problems
- Understanding and adherring to all safety guidelines
- Participating in business development for survey services
- Maintaining effective working relationships with clients and associates
- Traveling may be required
We look to welcome candidates with the following qualifications:
- Pennsylvania Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license. Additional licenses would be plus.
- Ten or more years of land survey experience
- Strong knowledge of land survey practices and techniques
- Experience in both conventional and GPS survey and data
- Experience in working with coordinate systems
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and /or Carlson, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the oil or gas industry is preferred
- Successful completion of the pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen.
Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and withstand working outside for up to 8-12 hours in varying temperatures. Must possess manual dexterity with the physical ability to work in situations which require bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, and lifting/carrying items up to fifty (50) pounds. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Protective eyewear, gloves, mask) and other safety equipment required by the company guidelines and procedures.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Contract TypeRegular (US only)
Recruiter ContactMichelle Rheault
Global RegionNorth America
Oil and gas, Power