Midwest Bus Sales is one of the largest dealers/suppliers of new and used Thomas Built School Buses in the industry. We offer Bus Sales; Leasing; Parts; Service and Body Shop repair work throughout our 5 State Territories. Our premium quality school buses have made Thomas Built Bus the school bus of choice for transportation managers across the United States. We are dedicated to keeping buses on the road!
If you want to be a part of a rewarding organization apply with us today! We offer 401(k) match, health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time and a casual family oriented company culture.
We are currently looking for a Body Technician I professional to join our team!
Body Shop Tech I is considered a master body tech capable of all body repairs. Including but not limited to, disassembly, assembly, and repair of interior and exterior body panels and structure, sanding, sealing, welding, fiberglass repair, paint preparation and application, buffing and finish detailing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review repair order to verify work to be performed.
- Remove and replace or restore defective panels and other components as required.
- Apply surface coatings following applicable procedures and disposal processes.
- Complete all repairs in accordance with repair order and to customer satisfaction.
- Complete and submit required repair documentation.
- Follow all applicable safety and health procedures.
- Frequently considers what is the best way to do things and looks for ways to streamline and/or improve work processes
- Body Shop Technician, you must display thorough and proven knowledge of general body repair.
- Have a strong work ethic, work productively with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Provide outstanding customer service and maintain effective working relationships with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Maintain a clean, organized, safe work environment.
- Demonstrates “we versus me” thinking
- Straighten body panels with minimal use of body filler.
- Body assembly and disassembly.
- Panel alignment.
- Welding mild steel, using both acetylene and MiG.
- Fiberglass Repair.
- Rust repair.
- Hand and Machine sanding.
- Masking and paint preparation.
- Priming and Painting.
- Hand and machine polishing.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school education and 7 years of body repair experience.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use of simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
EEO Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
- Auto Body Repair: 3 years