If you respond to this posting you are only expressing an interest and understand that a recruiter may contact you or you can apply to our website by cutting and pasting the following link:
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Pay Grade: 17AS
Education: Required – 4-year bachelor’s or undergraduate degree from an accredited
program/university, preferably in one of the following areas: social work, psychology,
criminal justice, sociology or related field of study
Preferred – Graduate degree from accredited program/institution in a related field
Experience: Required – 4 years related experience and/or training
Preferred – 6 plus years related experience and/or training
Supervises: Associate Program Director, Lead Clinician; Lead Case Manager, Administrator on Duty and Administrative Assistant depending on the organizational structure of the program
Summary: The program director provides tactical and strategic operational oversight of the
organizational, programmatic, and financial elements of all services provided to
the children in care to ensure that each child’s physical, social, emotional, educational
and recreational needs are met.
To successfully perform this job, the employee may be expected to perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990:
1. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate program personnel in accordance with agency policies and procedures and federal and state standards and requirements.
2. Regularly observe and evaluate buildings, grounds, equipment, staff, children, vehicles and other program resources and address issues and problems as needed.
3. Build and maintain relationships between BCFS HHS and local facilities’ staff, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement staff, the legal representative(s) for children in custody, Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement, relevant consulates and others regarding children’s placement or release.
4. Facilitate and/or supervise appropriate programming, treatment and discharge planning for the service population.
5. Complete timely and accurate documentation in accordance with agency policies and procedures and contract and regulatory requirements and standards.
6. Frequently transverse from one area of the physical plant to another.
7. Meet all deadlines required by program supervisor and federal partners.
1. Meet all federal and state regulatory guidelines and standards that are applicable to this position.
2. Oversee and remediate deficiencies associated with federal and state standards and requirements.
3. Conduct regular active and archival video monitoring of the site.
4. Participate in service expansion planning, budget preparations and short and long term planning.
5. Organize and participate in local and regional meetings with community entities.
6. Plan and participate in scheduled meetings, team decisions and operations
7. Serve as a member of the BCFS Management Executive Council.
8. Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or requested by the position supervisor.
9. Implement BCFS safety protocols including evacuating with children and other staff in case of an emergency.
10. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
11. Maintain BCFS HHS professional and ethical standards of conduct outlined in the BCFS employee handbook including demonstrating respect for agency staff, children, and community members and complying with required dress code at all times.
Credentials, Skills and Abilities:
1. Maintain current licenses and certificates required for this position including, but not limited to: Administrator’s License First Aid CPR Emergency Behavior Intervention
2. Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
3. Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
4. Pass a pre-employment and biennial criminal background checks.
5. Demonstrate the ability to:
a. Respond sensitively and competently to the service population’s cultural and socio-economic characteristics
b. Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English (Spanish highly preferred)
c. Work in a fast paced environment and maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times
d. Organize and prioritize responsibilities and duties efficiently.
e. Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position
f. Work effectively and without intensive supervision both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
6. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Residential Services policies and procedures.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year