Flex position, must be available for all shifts. The physical therapist assistant will perform therapy programs under the general supervision of the physical therapist in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. The assistant may also receive direction by the rehabilitation director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in administering programs involving passive, active, and resistive therapeutic exercises, functional activities, gait training, massage, traction and heat, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments to residents.
- Instruct, motivate and assist residents in learning and improving skills
- Observe residents during treatments and compile data on responses to treatment and programs
- Report orally and in writing to supervising therapists
- Assist in evaluation of resident daily living skills and capacities to determine the extent of abilities and limitations.
- Provide and adapt equipment
- Assist in instructing resident and family in home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Document resident progress toward established goals
- Establish and maintain good public relations with residents, families and other center guests
- Show empathy toward residents, as needed
- Adhere to requirements of Resident Bill of Rights
- Assist in maintaining equipment and supplies
- Follow policies and procedures related to body mechanics, transfers, body positioning and mobility.
- Maintain documentation consistent with third party reimbursement.
Job Type: Part-time
- physical therapy: 2 years (Required)