Kiddie Academy of Chatham Hills is an early educational childcare center which provides a safe, loving, and healthy environment for children to excel intellectually, emotionally, and socially. Our nationally accredited curriculum, Life Essentials®, focuses on combining education with fun to spark a passion for learning that accompanies children wherever they go, for the rest of their lives.
We are looking for fun, energetic, qualified individuals who love children and have a passion for teaching. Our goal is to build a home away from home for the families we serve. We are looking for teachers who are devoted to helping create a culture where both staff and children prosper.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained.
- Completes all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, student accident reports, attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities.
- Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, and schedule.
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
- Assists children with mealtimes and clean-up.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
- Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles for children.
- Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout the year.
- Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
- Ensures that classroom medication schedule is followed.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
- Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
- Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management.
- Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
- All employees are required to receive 15 hours of training each calendar year per DCFS requirements.
- Must meet State requirements
- Candidate must pass a medical exam/physical and have a clear background check to qualify for employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Professional Development Assistance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Early Childhood Education: 3 years (Preferred)
- childcare: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Early Childhood Education (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity