MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Executive Office is a group of diverse teams that shapes corporate strategy, culture, and brand. Whether communicating with employees, managing our brand, or articulating our strategy to investors and analysts, our work directly impacts how the firm is viewed by a variety of crucial stakeholders. You'll be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Office of Corporate Engagement
The Goldman Sachs Office of Corporate Engagement coordinates the global philanthropic efforts of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (Goldman Sachs), including strategic partnerships, charitable giving, and employee volunteerism.
Corporate Engagement is comprised of the GS Foundation, Goldman Sachs Gives, 10,000 Women, 10,000 Small Businesses, and Community TeamWorks (CTW).
10,000 Small Businesses (10KSB) is a $500 million initiative to unlock the growth and job-creation potential of 10,000 small businesses across the United States through greater access to business education, mentors and networks, and financial capital. It is based on the broadly held view of leading experts that a combination of education, capital and support services best addresses the barriers to growth for small businesses.
Responsibilities include serving as a program officer for five or more program sites and national grantee management.
- Serve as a 10,000 Small Businesses Program Officer across specific markets
oExecute 10KSB at current and future program sites
oOversee, manage, and execute grants for assigned regions
oManage site announcements
oDevelop and manage relationships with community colleges, local partners, and local stakeholders
oWork with local partners and Babson College to ensure the local 10KSB team is fully trained
oWork with the community college and Initiative for a Competitive Inner City to oversee the application and selection process
oManage engagement of GS employees in local programming
oFacilitate development and implementation of local alumni programming
oFacilitate cross-site collaboration to ensure effective and consistent program delivery
oManage the scaling of sites to ensure that 10KSB successfully reaches its regional goals
oTrack the program’s monitoring and evaluation across sites
oOversee maintenance of 10KSB work plans, budgets, calendar and other organizational spreadsheets and documents
- Represent the firm at events and conferences; serve as an “ambassador” of the firm
- Lead, develop and execute national thought leadership events and stakeholder engagement opportunities across the local sites
- Functionally, serve as a point of contact for internal and external partnerships related to program innovations and scaling, particularly with respect to:
oEnsuring buy-in and effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
oEffectively communicating program to potential new local partners
oHelping to implement and track success of programming in new markets and training up new local partners in the program’s process
oManaging and executing Working Groups on various special projects that include GS colleagues and 10KSB partners
- Develop and share 10KSB best practices that can be applied across sites and to the national program
- Create presentations, briefing materials, and strategy documents for various meetings and events, ensuring incorporation of group feedback and quick turnaround of final product
- At least 7-10 years’ experience in operations and business management
- Professional experience in government
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion
- Proven tactical execution experience including strategy development, operations, and budget analysis
- Ability to quickly learn and apply grants management best practices
- Proven project management skills, with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and complete attention to detail
- Experience managing partnerships and relationships across multiple organizations and geographies
- Team player, and skilled at managing internal and external teams and junior staff on a given project
- Keen problem solver with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in person, on phone, and by email and voicemail
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours and travel when required
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as in team
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Word for presentations and data analysis
- Proven experience managing high-level relationships, across the public and private sectors
- Grants management experience, from grant tracking to reporting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.