Turbonomic, the global leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud, an Inc Fastest Growing Company for three years and a Forbes Cloud 100 company is growing our cloud team to meet our customers journey to digital transformation. Did you know that Gartner predicts 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud by 2020? As part of our world-class engineering team, you will design/build features and enhancements for the Turbonomic Platform which is the control system to manage workload performance, costs, and efficiency in the public cloud.
As a Senior Cloud Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to make a massive impact and will be directly responsible for developing some of the most integral parts of the Turbonomic Platform that has already enabled over 2,000 customers to transform their businesses for the digital age. We are continuously thinking about the future of IT and constantly innovating to address trends in emerging technology. If you have a passion for cloud technologies, let's talk!
What you'll do:
What we look for:
- Accelerate the delivery of new features and enhancements in to the Turbonomic platform
- Design and build upcoming functionality around controlling cloud-based applications
- Collaborate with product management and the rest of our R&D team to design, develop and release new cloud-centric functionality
- Produce high quality, well-documented code as part of our agile process
Bonus Points if you have:
- 3+ years' experience in one of the following:
- (1) Cloud providers (Google, AWS, Azure)
- (2) Pure cloud software player/startup
- (3) Developing software that runs ONLY in the public cloud
- (4) Re-architecting legacy applications for the public cloud
- Experience in one of these areas:
- (1) Public Cloud APIs for IaaS (AWS, Azure, Google) or PaaS (Cloudfoundry, Openshift)
- (2) Cloud-Native (for example: Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Deis)
- Background in Java, C++, Go or modern development.
- o Our tech stack is: java, docker, kubernetes, kafka, protobuf, REST, angular
- Familiar with cloud DevOps practices
- Background in developing microservices for distributed systems
- Background in microservice architectures or distributed systems based in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Cloud-based distributed application development and scaling
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Agile development methodology
Benefits & Perks:
- Certifications: AWS Solution Architect, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure DevOps or any similar
- Experience with Machine Learning Solutions
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority here… also, eat your fruit!
Career advancement – jump in, make an impact and shape your career
Unlimited Paid Time Off – visit mom, see a doctor or travel the world… must take pictures
Medical, Dependent Care, Commuter, 401k
Access to executives – no doors are closed, collaborate with them and make friends
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms – play a round of billiards, ping pong or game on Xbox
Turbonomic delivers workload automation for hybrid cloud, thereby continuously assuring performance while lowering cost and maintaining compliance with business policies. The Turbonomic platform makes workloads SMART (self-managing, anywhere, in real-time), matching workload demand to infrastructure supply, helping customers maintain a continuous state of application health. Founded in 2009, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest-growing technology companies, trusted by thousands of enterprise organizations to activate their hybrid cloud journey. Recently Turbonomic has been recognized as an Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces 2018, an Inc. Fastest Growing Company, and a two-time Forbes Cloud 100 Company.