The service technician provides technical support, troubleshooting/service calls, team guidance/assistance and final close out of a project as well as dumping programming code, DSP configuration and making final and/or resetting adjustments to the system. They also act as mentors and trainers to other technical staff. They are the customer support face for Texadia for technical support after the installation. This position can also onboard or help commission a system, plus walkthrough and training with client. This role could be handling one or multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for service/support calls, troubleshooting in the most efficient and effective manner to assure timely completion and maximum performance. All installations/service calls must meet the highest quality standards set forth while assuming a professional environment on site by self and installation teams.
- Work with programmer on loading control system programs/code and ability to tweaks during service call or support during installation projects and upgrade associated with service or change orders.
- Configure DSP settings, troubleshooting and testing.
- Assistance with pre-installation site survey when needed.
- Inspect and test fabricated racks in-house or onsite at client location.
- Post project walkthrough with client, hand off to service.
- Client training and system overview.
- Understand, perform and quality check rigging/mounting of equipment and displays.
- Test, quality control and help train on the installation of structured cabling to include but not limited to pulling, terminating and testing all AV/network category cables, HDMI, control and audio cables.
- Test, quality control and help train on the installation and service of all AV equipment to include but not limited to audio and video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, control systems and all presentation systems.
- Restocking and inventory of vehicle equipment/consumables daily if assigned a vehicle.
- Identify and solve issues that will impact the service call or projects.
- Provide effective communication by supplying daily updates to Service Coordinator.
- Work with Service Coordinator to ensure service deliverables and milestones are met including close out documentation and punch list items.
- The ability to perform system level diagnostics, trouble shoot and report issues to Service Coordinator.
- Responsible for returning RMA/DOA product to warehouse in a timely fashion complete and undamaged.
- Follow all safety guidelines of Texadia Systems and client requirements.
- Leadership capacity in training and mentoring all technical staff to perform all deliverables.
- Ability to configure IP based AV devices. To include EDID and HDCP settings.
- Ability to configure/adjust control and DSP system programs
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Impeccable wiring and termination skills as well as proper/safe installation techniques of all AV equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring, elevation and construction drawings.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues timely and engage manufacturers when needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience in reading/understanding architecture, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings.
- A teachable disposition and a willing attitude towards continuing education.
- Flexibility to work outside the job description when the need arises.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in managing crews and the ability to work independently
- Clean driving record and background check.
- Analytical and problem-solving/troubleshoot.
- Deductive reasoning skills.
- Excellent computer and network knowledge.
- Strong, coaching, mentoring and leadership abilities.
- Self-starter with keen attention to detail who takes great pride in their work and deliverable.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Possible out of town projects requiring hotel/multiple overnight trips.
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts
Education, Certification and/or Experience
Minimum high school diploma or GED. Degree in electronics, computer science, audio or technology a plus.
Minimum of 4 years of experience programming, configuring AV components in commercial and/or residential environment. Control system, networking and DSP experience required. A valid qualification, certification and permit for operating warehouse machinery (forklift) and hand, mechanical, power tools.
Must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting, completing and technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation of control systems.
Infocomm CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D or Cedia ESC, ESC-T, ESC-N, ESC-D. Additional Certifications by manufacturer or product a plus. Experience leading and supporting AV projects a plus. Candidates without certifications will be required to obtain certifications in an agreed upon timeframe/goals set. Also additional experience may be required in place of certifications. Technical knowledge and proficiency in basic MS office applications, including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other office equipment
- Stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl for extended periods of time
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to regularly lift and transport up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or transport moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Hearing and vision within normal range
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions while physically moving equipment from warehouse to vehicle and from vehicles to warehouse. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places while obtaining material by ladder from a several story shelving unit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour