Hiring Salary Range
$19.12 - $24.86 /per hour DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be required
This position assists the Vice President and the OE&T Division supervisors by performing basic research, preliminary analysis, coordination and transactions support related to projects/programs, meetings and Councils, activities and events; monitors budget; performs purchasing functions; maintains liaisons with administrators, division chairs, managers, district office, outside agencies; and works with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, students and the general public.
45% - Plans, manages, facilitates, develops goals, prepares and monitors budgets for the VP OE&T office; coordinates programs, meetings, projects, activities and special events; drafts processes and variety of documents and statistical reports. Provides a variety of basic research, preliminary analysis, and coordination for assigned programs. Assists with development and implementation of program guidelines, forms, policies and procedures. Monitors budgets, develops spreadsheet-based budgets and monitoring tools, works in the online financial management system for procurement, coordinates travel, etc. Works in the online facilities reservations system.
15% - Responds to inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of MCCCD policies and procedures; screens and routes calls; provides a variety of information requiring specialized knowledge of college services to visitors, mail and correspondence; solves problems and troubleshoots to resolve issues.
15% - Supervises temporary staff and/or student workers as lead worker for the unit. Trains, evaluates and reviews work of the non-classified and non-faculty personnel in the unit. Participates in hiring, discipline and termination of temporary staff.
15% - Creates original correspondence, reports, presentations, documents, and program and program materials; maintains program and divisional records, files, manuals and/or documentation, and other duties as assigned.
10% - Maintains executive calendar, records minutes of meetings, gathers research and other materials for meetings, activities and special events.
Bachelor’s Degree in education, business or public administration, or a directly related field and one year of experience in researching information, gathering data, performing preliminary analysis and preparing reports.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
1. Experience in methods of program/project management and leading the work of others as a unit lead or project manager over an initiative/program/event.
2. Basic applications of critical thinking, customer service, analysis, business math concepts, and qualitative and quantitative research assistance.
3. Experience in on-line enterprise financial systems, facilities reservations systems, and/or human resources systems; and usage of office technology/software and general office equipment.
4. Experience in authoring original reports, documents, and presentations; coordinating deadlines and prioritizing competing demands.
5. Experience managing multiple programs/projects; experience managing and monitoring departmental, program or activity/initiative budgets.
6. Experience with records retention requirements, policies and procedures, responding to inquiries and solving problems in accordance with policies and procedures.
7. Experience interacting with diverse populations at all levels of an organization while maintaining confidentiality and flexibility.
Special Working Conditions
May be required to sit for a prolonged period of time, viewing a computer monitor
May be required to lift or carry up to 25lbs
May be required to travel. Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License is required; employee must meet district minimum standards regarding driving.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, full or part time and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
First review of resumes will be on September 19, 2018
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.