- Public Relations
- Research Experience
- Web Design
- Communication Skills
Position of Executive Assistant to provide direct administrative support for the AVP of Health Policy and Sr. Director, Human Resource Management in the Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences.
1. Provide administrative support to the Associate Vice President for Health Policy and the Sr. Director for Human Resources in the Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences.
2. Schedule meetings and reserve meeting rooms.
3. Arrange food for meetings, when necessary.
4. Prepare meeting agendas in advance of planned meetings.
5. Take meeting notes and prepare minutes in a timely manner after meetings occur.
6. Prepare and revise documents, including reports, correspondence, etc.
7. Resolve a variety of complex administrative problems for direct supervisors; act as backup to the SVP E.A. and SVP Administration Manager, as needed and during vacations.
8. Assist with development and implementation of department policies, as necessary.
9. Assist in formulation of department budgets and oversee budget records and reports.
10. Prepare and distribute surveys, and compile, analyze, and compare survey results.
11. Research, analyze and prepare administrative documents.
12. Answer phones for both supervisors during working hours.
13. Make travel arrangements for both supervisors for travel to conferences, meetings, etc.
14. Represent executives at meetings as required.
15. Balance multiple priorities, meet tight timeframes, and adjust to changing priorities and timelines.
16. Conduct all tasks and interactions in a highly professional manner and retain a professional demeanor in stressful situations.
17. Basic knowledge of web design
18. Conduct certain aspects of Community engagement; works consistently with Director of Community Engagement.
19. Schedule meetings with legislative representatives, both State and Federal, dignitaries, and community members.
20. Extensive research into finding contact information for the stated entities above to establish meetings with key stakeholders.
21. Will need to drive University vehicle as needed.
22. Will provide backup coverage to Administration Manager and Executive Assistant who support SVPHS.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or a related field, or equivalency required. Two years office management and supervisory experience, demonstrated knowledge of finance and budgeting, and public relations skills required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Preference will be given to candidates that have:
Knowledge of various aspects of the health system both internally (U Health) and externally (U.S.).
Knowledge of Legislative structures and systems, advanced research skills.
Demonstrated human relations, effective and professional communication skills.
Intermediate knowledge of PowerPoint.
Working institutional knowledge a plus.
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary