Our Company Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Come build a home with us.
This position provides HR management and generalist support for the Pottery Barn Brands Field
Organization, and also manages projects in support of the broader business. The HR Manager will
build collaborative partnerships with his/her client group by providing outstanding customer service
and follow-through. This is a hands-on, solution oriented role that helps drive business results by
ensuring our ability to attract, engage, and develop the best talent in retail. This position reports to
the Director of Talent - Pottery Barn Brands. This is a remote position based in Southern California.
- HR Business Partner: Provide training and coaching to managers and associates on all
aspects of performance, development, and policy/procedure interpretation. Consult with
managers about promotions and other job changes, performance improvement plans, and
leaves of absences. Provide timely information and/or education for all levels of the
organization on critical/emerging HR issues having potential impact to the business
- Program Management: Provide project management for the major Talent/HR programs
including succession planning, performance management, associate scheduling and
- HR Metrics: Track and analyze staffing, productivity, retention, turnover, exit interview data
and other information necessary to provide the insights for informed talent decisions.
- Associate Relations: Support positive associate relations through both proactive and
reactive interventions with employees and management. When needed, conduct
investigations confidentially and fairly including recommended actions. Partner with HR
Specialist functions (benefits, HRIM, compensation, training, etc.) in order to meet
objectives and facilitate resolution of employee issues.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence with all HR policies as well as all employment-related legal,
regulatory and compliance requirements. Champion behavior that is aligned with the
company's culture, code of conduct and respectful workplace expectations.
- Staffing: Participate in staffing and recruiting initiatives. Participate in management
interview process, and consult on decisions involving external management hires, internal
promotions, and transfers.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Results: Pursue goals with purpose and a sense of urgency. Be accountable and deliver
what is expected of you. Make timely decisions that impact the business. Correctly define
problems and develop effective solutions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Practice astute decision‐making and calculated risk‐taking for the
benefit of the business. Launch new ideas through passionate curiosity and the ability to adapt
and lead change.
- Strategic Capability: See the big picture and articulate how your work connects to broader
goals. Base actions and plans on the ability to anticipate trends, problems and opportunities.
Identify possible effects and outcomes of a chosen course of action.
- Communications: Communicate clearly and succinctly, and be open to adjusting to a variety
of settings and styles. Proactively and continuously seek information and share knowledge
- Team & Talent: Contribute to a respectful and inclusive workplace that attracts and
leverages complementary strengths and styles. Build positive working relationships. Foster
an environment that places team before individuals. Act as a talent scout, actively recruiting
people to our company.
- Influence: Listen attentively. Leverage individual style to communicate ideas passionately,
thoughtfully and with confidence in order to gain support from others. Collaborate with
others to develop the best ideas and solutions.
- Personal Leadership: Demonstrate intention and ability to "do the right thing" in support of
the organization. Champion the company's values and standards.
- Service Mindset: Consistently display a willingness to assist others. Seek to understand
requests through thoughtful questioning in order to provide the appropriate support needed.
Minimum 5-8 years HR experience, with depth in employee relations, performance
management, conflict resolution and leadership development.
Experience working as a partner of a business unit/profit center, with understanding and
knowledge of key performance metrics.
Anticipates changing business needs and plans accordingly.
Applies best practices and progressive concepts to projects and consulting.
Recognizes risks and utilizes appropriate resources to achieve results.
aligns on direction, builds commitment, and focuses key stakeholders.
Facilitates and presents to groups of various sizes, determines best delivery method.
Uses and recommends appropriate interviewing techniques and recruiting strategies.
Handles complex and/or unique employee relations issues independently.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).