The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting and supporting the Human Resources Manager in all facets of human resources. Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions. This position must demonstrate a high-level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, and a pro-active approach to employees.
Principle Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
· Assists the HR Manager in implementing various human resources programs and providing HR support with key accountability in these areas for the Non-Exempt workforce. Serves as first line of contact for employees regarding questions or concerns. Works closely with third party administrators to troubleshoot employee issues.
· Assists in recruiting qualified candidates through newspaper advertising, approved recruiters, and other recruiting sources. Coordinates activities required during recruiting and interviewing process. Attends job fairs when appropriate. Also assists in the termination process.
· Involved in the interviewing process and assists in the selection of qualified candidates to fill vacant positions. Requests employment verifications and reference checks and obtains all required checks prior to extending an offer to candidates.
· Follows through on all resumes and applications received for Company positions to ensure that proper correspondence is sent to applicants. Maintains resume and application database.
· Coordinates employee relations issues with Human Resources Manager to affect prompt and appropriate resolution.
· Advocates for associates by resolving conflict and seeking win-win solutions, promoting positive and effective associate relations and influencing a focus on human issues in the organization.
· Assists the HR Manager with the day-to-day administration of benefit programs, such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, and 401(k), including enrolling, terminating and modifying employee benefit coverage. Serves as first line of contact for employees regarding benefit questions or requirements. Works closely with third party administrators.
· Performs new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals. Ensures that new employee paperwork is processed and follows through to ensure that all benefits are being reflected properly.
· Handles requests for verifications of mortgage, employment, benefits, and other employment information.
· Maintains files, forms and database information associated with personnel, benefits, general information and recruiting.
· Assists in the preparation of reports that reflect headcount, new hires, terminations, turnover rates and any other reports as required.
· Updates and maintains Human Resource Policies, Procedures Manual, and Employee Handbook. Ensures that revisions are distributed to appropriate staff members/employees in a timely manner.
· Routinely audits Company-owned personnel files and employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.
· Maintains acceptable attendance database records in accordance with established policy.
· Files Workers’ Compensation reports and maintains OSHA logs.
· Maintains EEO logs and assists in preparation of AAP.
· Participates in Safety Committee meetings and maintains safety logs and records.
· Maintains Workers Compensation statistics and assists in resolving WC issues.
· Attends other meetings and seminars as required.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
· Some travel required.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
· 2-3 years experience in Human Resources preferably with PHR or SPHR certification.
· Manufacturing experience beneficial.
· Excellent oral/written communication skills.
· Unimpeachable ethics.
· PC skills, including a high level of knowledge of Microsoft programs (Access, Acrobat, Word, Excel), Org Plus and PeopleSoft HRIS.
· HR policies and procedures.
· Employment Law (EEO, ADA, AA, FMLA, etc.)
· Compensation practices.
· Recruitment & Staffing practices.
· Multiple HR disciplines.
· Communicates well at different levels of the organization.
· Change priorities quickly.
· Work well as part of a team.
· Works well under pressure.
· Must be self-directed.
Job Type: Full-time