The NDT Level II Tech is directly responsible for performing non-destructive tests and determining product acceptability according to specifications and requirements. This role reports to the Quality Inspection Supervisor. This team member will be an integral part of the Quality team and will regularly collaborate with the Manufacturing & Production Control teams. The primary goal for this role is to achieve 100% complete and accurate inspection records. Options for growth are numerous and include cross-training for other inspection disciplines (paint, electrical assembly, precision machining), Level III NDT Certification, and/or supervisory roles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform visual (VT), dye-penetrant (PT), and magnetic particle (MT) tests on welds per drawing and contract requirements.
- Verify part dimensions to drawing requirements
- Perform regular audits of weld procedure adherence, proper welder qualifications, and equipment calibrations,
- Witness component and system testing to verify adherence to written test procedures.
- Prepare, file and maintain all required inspection records (NDT reports, weld joint records, dimensional data).
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate relevant NDT equipment
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts
- Minimal (<3%) travel to supplier locations to perform NDT inspections.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US Citizen.
- Drug Free.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years’ inspection experience in a welding/fabrication environment
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret engineering fabrication and assembly drawings
- NDT Level II certifications in the VT, MT & PT methods.
- Proficient with Hand measuring/layout tools (Tape Measure, combination square, level)
- Proficient with basic math (addition/subtraction of fractions)
- Comfortable with trigonometry (sin/cos/tan)
- Navy (Tech Pub /278 and/or MIL-STD-1689) inspection experience
- Proficient with Advanced measurement/layout tools (transit/optic level, micrometers, CMM)
You’ve learned about what you’ll be doing, here’s what benefits you’ll be getting when you join the Jered team:
- Global team recognized for their passion of inventing
- First-of-a-kind product culture and project exposure
- Training and development from industry-leading experts
- Cutting edge benefit programs that include: 401(k) & matching; Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance; Disability & Life Insurance; PTO, Paid Holidays, & Parental Leave for both Parents; Tuition & Relocation Reimbursement
Jered LLC, a PAR Systems Company, is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources department if you require accommodation during the interview or assessment process and we will support your accessibility needs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $29.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location