As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We’re looking for a few good engineers to soar with us. Whether you love designing avionics electronics circuits or ensuring compliance with various rules and regulations, our design certification engineers enjoy the flexibility of a multi-faceted job that allows them to have a hand in creating sophisticated, state-of-the-art avionics circuits. Our detail-oriented engineers assist with aircraft certification projects to ensure well-planned, efficient and timely aircraft systems implementation. While we strive for continual innovation, we ensure our combination of performance, safety, quality, value, innovation and ease of operation give our pilots an unwavering level of confidence when they’re up in the air.
If you think you have what it takes, apply for our full time Design Certification Engineer 1 position to design basic avionics electronic circuits including, schematic design and PCB layout for design of digital, analog, or RF circuits with assistance and mentoring from other team members at our world headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role, you’ll also be responsible for assisting with requirement development, trace matrix development and performing generic safety analysis. Other essential functions include:
- Under guidance and mentorship of experienced design engineer, produce and submit key FAA documents to ensure compliance with required avionic certification
- With guidance from mentors or team leaders, design and develop basic FPGA circuits including development of VHDL code in accordance with the DO-254 process
- Support software verification efforts including development of ATE software
- Participate in MPS, TSO and product improvement testing and develop reports to document testing efforts
- Complete basic certification and DO-254 documentation and partner with experienced DCE for signoff
- Perform aircraft certification EMC testing and report generation
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Other qualifications include:
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge, education, and/or training of basic circuits (Digital, FPGA, Analog and/or RF)
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Organization Aviation Business
Job Class Exempt