Did you know Forbes Magazine voted Goodwill as one of the top 25 Most Inspirational Companies in America? Join a team that is making positive change in your community. Goodwill of Greater Washington is seeking a positive strategic minded professional for our Contracts Division as our new Quality Manager.
POSITION SUMMARY: Supports management team by providing expertise in quality systems and practices. Provides a quality system that supports requirements and ensures process improvement, best practices and work consistency. Performs site inspections. Provides reports to analyze performance deficiencies, quality performance outcomes, metrics, and makes recommendations for the Vice President of Contracts. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and delivers a quality system with support of technical devices, reporting and visual aids to enhance customer satisfaction and drive operational efficiency. Provides periodic reports, analysis, and recommendations on quality control outcomes to Vice President of Contracts.
2. Along with the VP of Contracts and Director of Contract Operations, drives continuous improvement of the Division’s Quality Systems and trains key staff on “tools of quality” and important quality concepts needed for successful system implementation / revision.
3. Prepares and develops site specific quality control plans for each contract site. These QC Plans should address the specifications outlined in the individual Scopes of Work. QC Plans should be updated at a minimum on an annual basis.
4. Using inspection technology, conducts weekly visual inspections at contract sites with greater than 10 FTEs according to the scope of work at the individual contract sites. All other contract sites shall be inspected on a monthly basis. Inspections may include areas such as office cleaning, floor care, stairway and elevator cleaning, restrooms, lobby areas, and external work premises including sidewalks.
5. Responsible for creating and submitting quality control reports to contract managers, supervisors and customers.
6. Manages and monitors performance improvement and overall performance of the company’s quality approach and makes recommendations / takes action to improve where appropriate.
7. Develop Corrective Action Plans (CAP) in coordination with the site Project Manager. The CAP should include, but is not limited to items such as: staff retraining, updated SOPs, and recommended equipment/supplies.
*This position requires frequent travel to contract locations within the DC Metropolitan area.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides additional support in the form of training and coaching managers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent plus at least three years janitorial experience with at least one year serving in a quality control capacity.
2. Experience in training of Quality Management Systems and processes (ISO 9000, Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, Kaizen, etc.)
3. Knowledge of janitorial processes and basic procedures.
4. Advanced beginner to Midlevel computer skills proficiency particularly with Microsoft Office including Excel.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Excellent attention to detail.
8. Demonstrated decision making and problem solving ability.
9. Ability to apply good judgment in sensitive situations.
10. Ability to successfully work with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Knowledge and or experience with CleanTelligent or
3. Previous Project Management experience on an AbilityOne project or a commercial cleaning project.
4. Implementation of large scale quality initiatives, such as ISO 9000, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen.
5. Knowledge of SCA.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Required)
- Janitorial: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place