Purpose of Position:
The Sr. Systems Engineer II‘s role is to plan, implement, manage, administer and support core business application software provided by vendors or internally developed for corporate enterprise needs.
- Collaborate with IT management and department leaders in the planning and implementation of highly available corporate production and non-production applications, systems and core infrastructure.
- Conduct research on products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of best practices and methodologies. Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors in the implementation and support of corporate enterprise applications needs.
- Monitor, maintain, administer and support existing enterprise solutions to meet service level agreements. Exchange, AD, DFS, GPO, IIS, DNS, Web Applications, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation for application, services, networking, processes, security and compliance configurations.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for the administration, usage of core enterprise applications and systems.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the corporate disaster recovery plan.
- Capture and categorize all work request in the ticketing systems and complete all work within documented SLAs.
- Follow processes, escalations procedures, knowledgebase, standards, and daily operations.
- Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned.
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Some travel to branch offices may be required.
Proficient in the us, configuration and maintenance of Microsoft's Exchange System Center Skype for Business SharePoint SQL Server Team Foundation Server
- Strong knowledge of Windows server, Active Directory administration and networking including DFS, ADFS, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Advanced user of PowerShell
- Versed in the use of a CA and certificate issuance
- Experience with IronPort devices
- Ability to support proprietary developed software and open source applications.
- Must be knowledgeable of server class hardware and Network infrastructure best practices
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, PCI, etc. Preferred Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Non-technical Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple requests in a fast paced environment where priorities may change.
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent tasks and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
- Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
- Able to communicate with all levels of users Work Ethic:
- Exhibit a customer-focused attitude and the ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Show the ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Actively engage and be receptive to receiving diverse opinions to reach a common agreement
- Complete deliverables with a high degree of thoroughness, quality, and accuracy * Promote a culture of trust in relationships with clients, coworkers, and supervisors Education & Experienced Required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, professional training or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years experience working in a similar corporate environment
- Current Microsoft MCSE Certification
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasional walking * Must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation
- Vision requirements include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to use a keyboard and other office equipment
- Working environment is stable and noise level is moderate
- Must be able to work extended hours including evenings and weekends as required
- On-call availability as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: