Under general supervision, provides direct patient care to assigned patients.
Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills required in order to educate and comfort patients and their families, maintain effective contacts with a variety of hospital personnel, and maintain appropriate documentation records.
- Proficiency in developing nursing plan of care, implementing effective nursing care, and evaluating outcome of nursing intervention.
- Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Nurses as a registered nurse.
- Completion of "Healthcare Provider" CPR course, bi-annually.
- Ability to stand and walk almost constantly up to ninety 90% of work time and lifting and positioning patients up to fifty 50% of work time.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail and often in stressful situations.
- Normal patient care environment with possible exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature.
- Exposed to adverse working conditions due to performance of patient care activities and exposure to communicable diseases.
Conditions of Employment
- Maintain current licensure and certifications.
Location: GBMC HealthCare · Subacute Care Unit
Schedule: Full Time, Day 12 Hour Shifts (7am - 7:30pm), 36
Job Type: Full-time