Facebook Reality Labs is the world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
We are seeking a world class Silicon Process and Foundry Engineer to join our Silicon Team. The successful candidate will be a key part of our efforts to architect, design and implement several challenging pieces of digital, mixed signal and analog integrated circuits to support a game-changing new platform with very tight electrical, thermal and mechanical constraints. The ideal candidate will also have a substantial hands-on experience with silicon packaging pushing the state of the art to accommodate advanced new applications.
This is a full-time position based in Redmond, WA or Menlo Park, CA.
Work with the different Silicon and cross-functional teams understanding the top down system and silicon requirements and lead the analysis and decision process for technology node adoption for the different ASICs
- Own the AR silicon team foundry and semiconductor fabs/providers interface
- Be able to effectively work with and influence foundries world-wide to define the most optimized technology nodes and corresponding PDKs that most closely match our required deliverable
- Lead the analysis of design tradeoffs including performance, thermal, manufacturability, testability and cost
- Collaborate with industry, academia and research institutes to stay on top of new technology advances and push the state of the art to benefit our products
- Support the analysis and development of the advanced packaging technology required to support our silicon and system roadmaps
- Be able to communicate clearly across multiple groups and external vendors
PhD or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Material or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience with silicon products, foundries, design, reliability, packaging for a variety of different applications such as Analog, RF (3-5G, Wi-Fi, millimeter waves) or Digital SOCs
- Knowledge of system & silicon architectures and overall silicon development process
- Knowledge of factors and parameters affecting system and silicon performance such as thermal dissipation, signal and power integrity, coupling, mechanical stability and failure analysis
- Experience doing trade-off analysis driving to concrete proposals
- Experience with advance technologies, such as 2.5D and 3D packaging, TSVs, wafer/chip to wafer bond, flex, board and glass bonding, etc.