What You Will Do
The Project Manager is the primary client facing resource on Synaptic's software development team. You will be responsible for software product delivery, budget management, scheduling, requirements, testing and training. The Project Manager is expected to thoroughly understand Synaptic's development methodology and be able to effectively communicate the process to the client. The Project Manager is also expected to be knowledgeable about the Salesforce environment (understanding capabilities and limitations) and actively participate in the solution development. While project management will be your primary focus, you will also be expected to fill the role of Business Analyst of many of your projects.
This position requires the ability to perform the following:
- Project Management: manage teams of 1-5 developers, create and maintain project budgets, create and maintain resource plans, track work, communicate progress and manage scope.
- Requirements Analysis: conduct requirements gathering sessions, create and maintain requirements documentation.
- Solution Design: work closely with the Solution Architect or Technical Architect to help develop solutions for projects and understand the impact of design decisions on overall project vision.
- Quality Assurance: prepare and execute QA scripts, track QA process from beginning to end.
- End User Training: prepare end user training materials customized for each project, deliver training to Client Trainers and/or end users.
The Project Manager plays a critical role in Synaptic's success of product delivery and client satisfaction and therefore must consistently strive to meet or exceed our clients' expectations.
This position is based in our Annapolis, MD office. 10-20% travel may be required.
Skills and experience you need to be successful
- Related Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience managing the lifecycle of software product delivery
- Experience supervising technical staff, managing budgets and timelines
- Experience working within the Salesforce ecosystem
- Experience with Business Analyst duties (requirements, testing, training)
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt and find comfort in dynamic situations
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MS Office and Microsoft Project
Skills that would be a bonus
- PMP Certification
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SmartSheet, LucidChart and XMind
What we are about
We < 3 our team and our customers. We have passion and innovation embedded in our DNA, and we go out of our way to encourage our employees to share new ideas and feedback on a regular basis. Our mission is to deliver solutions that help our clients better engage and interact with their customers, employees, patients, and constituents by providing solutions that make the right thing easy to do.
Synaptic AP is a leader in the development and deployment of cloud-based solutions. In addition to our world-class Salesforce.com consulting practice, we have two flagship products - SynapseTM, a population health management solution serving over one million lives around the United States, and YourekaTM, the leading tool for forms, field assessments, and guided sales and service on the Salesforce platform.
- An amazing team focused on doing #Whateverittakes to help our clients and teammates be successful
- A calling to innovate and improve every day
- A competitive benefits and compensation package
- Room for rapid growth and an emphasis on talent development
- A fun, casual team environment with cool co-workers who will make you feel like you are an important part of our team, engage you in developing new solutions to challenging problems, and help you leverage your strengths to make all of us better!
Synaptic Advisory Partners is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.