At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a Merchandising Data Analyst to join our growing team.
The Merchandising Data Analyst supports the merchandising department by contributing value added analysis that will assist in developing strategies to monitor and improve sales, margin and NPS. This position identifies and monitors competitors and researches market conditions or changes in the industry that may affect sales.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Conduct analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary reports in order to support decisions of the Merchandising department.
- Researches sales data to identify and analyze patterns and trends in the industry.
- Performs ad hoc requests for reports determining promotions trends, product launches, exception reporting analysis, etc.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Develops on-going key management reports for the merchandising department.
- Works closely with IT database analysts and designers as a representative of the merchandising department.
- Develops databases of in-store visual merchandising included signage, store fixtures, displays etc.
- Monitors and reports on competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related curriculum.
- 3 years or more of previous Business/Financial Analyst experience including Data Analysis/Data Relationship Management, Data Warehousing and Report Writing.
- Experience with SQL and SAP Business Objects or other Business Intelligence Software.
- Proven experience in a wide range of analytical, quantitative, and statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments.
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques.
- Independent, proactive worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and data query/data management tools.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and priority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.