Evansville Lutheran School is looking for energetic and motivated Science and Math teacher to work with middle school students. The best candidates must enjoy working with children, be flexible and preferably have education experience. A valid Indiana Teaching License is a must. Successful candidates will have to undergo a background check. The salary may be impacted by years of experience.
Responsible and duties:
The school hours are from 7:30 am to 2:50 pm. We request that all of the Evansville Lutheran School employees and teachers reflect a Christ-like character.
The teacher will report to the school from 7:00 am until 3:40 pm; however, may be later due to pre-schedules faculty meetings.
The duties include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates a desire to meaningfully integrate technology into the classroom
- Employs a variety of teaching methods to engage different learning styles and ability levels in the classroom
- Prepares motivating and stimulating lessons that reflect knowledge of the curriculum, child development, and student abilities
- Encourages an inclusive classroom that accepts the different perspectives and backgrounds of the students and elicits a greater understanding of the world around them with a global perspective
- Utilizes a variety of assessments and uses data in the classroom to develop lessons and instructional activities as needed
- Updates curriculum and materials as needed.
Teaching and Learning Environment:
- Creates a learning environment that is motivating and age-appropriate, setting clear expectations for classwork and homework while maintaining current books and instructional resources that support classroom learning.
- Seeks to actively know students’ strengths and weaknesses and responds promptly and with care to parent concerns. Communicates effectively with parents, colleagues, and administrators.
- Maintains an accurate and organized system for monitoring student grades and records. Meets reporting deadlines and requirements and follows school-wide procedures for reporting grades.
- Prepares well-thought-out and thorough conference reports and written documentation on student progress.
- Maintains substitute plans and engages substitutes in advance when needed and when possible.
- Demonstrates strong classroom management skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn, grow, and improve as a teacher
- Continues to update knowledge of Science and Math
- Engages in goal setting and review process with assigned administrator
- Attends and participates appropriately in full, divisional, and departmental/team faculty meetings.
School and Community:
- Maintains a positive Christ-like attitude and approach
- Supports colleagues
- Represents the School in the larger community in a positive manner
- Assists with projects and school-wide initiatives
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Our Mission Statement to help guide our school and staff is "Evansville Lutheran School provides a superior education, guided by Lutheran principles, in an environment of Christian love. Our students are equipped to go forward in life with Christ.”
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,514.00 /year
- Evansville, IN (Preferred)
- Indiana Teaching (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Paid time off