We are looking for an extremely detail-orientated, well-organized, and self-motivated Purchasing Agent for Packaging to join our Procurement team at our corporate headquarters in Fairfield, CA. This position will play a critical role to ensure purchases are aligned with demand and manage excess/slow moving inventory to prompt and execute disposition.
Here at Encore, we empower you to make decisions and seek out the information necessary to provide exceptional service to our internal and external customers. Forty-four years in business and still strong, we offer stability and growth opportunities within the organization and a regional presence. If you are passionate about details and finding solution-orientated results this is the position for you!
What you will be doing/The Role:
- Identify demand through Encore internal OA Portal system and Sage. Understand upcoming orders and changes.
- Execute all purchases and maintain all purchase orders
- Oversee production schedules with all packaging suppliers to ensure require date(s) to meet Encore production schedule demands.
- Manage and maintain disposition for old age/slow moving materials
- Maintain supplier costs for all items and provide support/information to the internal Encore Price Coordinator.
- Initiate discussions regarding defective materials with suppliers and follow through with PDs (process Deviations) as required. Process returns/replacement, track and manage vendor credits.
- Respond to internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
- We care about our employees – you are our biggest asset – we celebrate your milestones and success! From our service hero award, to Employee of the Month, and fun winter and summer activities!
- We are committed to employee development and growth – when you succeed we succeed!
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package with a generous 401k matching program.
- We have been around for over 40 years and continue to have exciting opportunities on the horizon.
- Two plus years of experience in packaging, materials management, or inventory control.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in any aspect of packaging and purchasing desired
- Must possess excellent oral and written skills
- PC Knowledge a must: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of materials management, replenishment, and inventory control.
- A team player in every respect.
Encore Glass is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.encoreglass.com.
If you are interested in joining the Encore family, please reply to this ad and include your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
All persons have equal employment opportunities with Encore Glass, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging, Materials Management or inventory control: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts