Under general supervision performs a variety of administrative and legal duties. In addition to typing, filing, performing duties such as coding documents, correspondence with clients & co-workers, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in related legal field preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of progressively responsible work experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Must be able to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and the ability to type 60 WPM
- Previous customer service/office experience in a professional environment background a plus
- Ability to communicate and work well with a variety of people
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, copier, facsimile, telephone and dictation machine
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
“Essential duties” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Type memos, re-type notes, and send out necessary documents and emails; produce copies as needed
- Converts draft correspondence, memoranda, reports and other documents into typed format
- Copying and scanning documents into case management program (CMP)
- Speaks with clients to gather information & updates them periodically regarding their case status
- Codes documents into various and appropriate record system
- Research and a moderate level of communication with paralegals and other legal staff
- Performs routine office correspondence, completing forms and documents, maintains records and files
- Works on special projects as needed
Work may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position.
Work is performed in a normal heated or air-conditioned office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. This job description must not be misconstrued as a promise of employment, nor deemed as an employment guarantee. Motley Rice LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No applicant will be limited or excluded from consideration for employment on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.__
Job Type: Full-time