Want to help us bring happiness to the world? Want to join an ambitious and fast growing global biscuits and confectionery business investing heavily in iconic global brands, infrastructure and people? Then this is the place for you.
As proud bakers and chocolatiers and custodians of iconic global brands, we don’t compromise on the quality of ingredients in our products or on the people we hire. We are looking for entrepreneurial spirits who share our passion for bringing happiness to our consumers and who embody our Winning Traits.
To succeed at pladis you need to be purpose-led , resilient and positive to succeed here because we expect pace and agility , we insist on collaboration and demand accountability. If that is your thing, then pladis offers global ambition, a clear Vision and roadmap for success, challenge, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and make an impact
Come join the Flipz *Family!
Flipz chocolate covered pretzels have been produced locally in Mohnton, PA for over 15 years! Flipz has grown into an iconic brand, loved and recognized across the globe. Join our Flipz Family in “bringing happiness to the world with every bite”!
In support of the packing department, understands all activities associated with packing procedures and with running all production machines.
Responsibilities include setup, operation, housekeeping/safety and suggestions for improvement. Performs Tier I and potentially Tier II and Tier III duties as required. In supervisor's absence, fills in and leads employees related to all work/process related duties.
Key accountabilities and deliverables:
- Able to fully run all production machines, understands and knows productivity, quality, safety, food safety, and cost objectives for production floor (desired, but not required)
- Required to immediately report any employee conduct/performance issues to a member of management
- Authorized to shut down line, and immediately required to report any safety, food, maintenance, production, or quality problems to supervisor or appropriate function manager
- Read, understand, follow, and communicate all customer specifications
- Responsible to ensure monitoring, tracking, and completing all paperwork associated with consumptions
- Ensure that GMP rules and regulations are followed both my self and for employees when acting as Shift Lead
Skills and Experience:
- 3 or more years in manufacturing setting
- 1 year of previous demonstration of strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Ability to work any schedule and overtime as required to perform duties
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications and/or procedures
- Ability to write/submit reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from pladis personnel
- Ability to communicate responsibilities effectively
- Working knowledge of Windows based software
- HACCP (Food Safety) and Food Quality
- $18.36+, dependent on experience
- Performance is reviewed annually to determine merit increases.
- Immediately eligible for Quarterly Bonus Program based on performance and attendance.
- Frequent opportunities for additional overtime.
- Eligible for benefits after 60 days
- Three choices for health insurance plans, including employer contribution to Health Savings Account
pladis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List. If you are a recruitment agency and wish to submit candidate to be considered for this vacancy, you must have agreed to, and signed, our terms of business.
We will not accept CVs from any other sources other than those currently on our PSL. We will not pay a fee for any candidate that has not been represented by a provider on our PSL.
Job Type: Full-time