Phoenix and Miami
The Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. CPD works to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda.
About the Position:
CPD is seeking Canvass Directors who are experienced organizers with dynamic personalities to join us on the ground level to launch a new, game-changing, national canvass program in partnership with CPD partner organizations in multiple cities throughout the country. These individuals will run grassroots field offices to build membership and raise money for community organizations building power in low-income communities of color, and be on the forefront of piloting new technologies and techniques in grassroots organizing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks to create social change, revolutionize how non-profits raise money and win campaigns, and move up in both pay and position in a fast growing operation.
The Canvass Director will:
- Recruit and Develop Leaders: Build a team of canvassers by conducting outreach, interviewing prospective staff, making hiring and firing decisions, and developing the next generation of managers and leaders to support your team;
- Transform Social Change: Be part of a team where your voice, and your ideas, matter and make a difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, test new methods of fundraising and mobilization, and help change how social change happens in America;
- Manage Staff: Train staff in grassroots fundraising and campaign skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive, and motivating atmosphere;
- Raise Money and Build Membership: Meet your office fundraising objectives and canvass in the field as needed to train new and experienced staff and meet personal and office fundraising requirements, and recruit new active members for our partner organizations to help build our power-in-numbers approach to organizing
- Ensure Member Information Security: Ensure that all policies on information security are followed and that members’ information is secure at all times; and
- Run an Innovative Office: Carefully track income and expenses to manage a budget. Analyze performance and set strategy. Test new technologies to streamline door-to-door organizing and fundraising.
We are seeking a seasoned leader and organizer with strong references who is interested in growing the canvass operation into a credible powerhouse for fundraising, member engagement and mobilization in 2017 and beyond. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 to 2 years of fundraising and/or membership canvassing experience. Candidates should also have:
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, strong analysis of systemic oppression based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, and an understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families;
- Excellent organizational skills and good attention to detail;
- A high level of self-motivation and a proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
- Capacity to engage and inspire a variety of audiences
- Willingness and ability to relocate and/or travel for these positions
Strong benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.