Potpourri Group Inc., referred to as "PGI", was founded in 1963, publishing a single consumer catalog title. New brands were added through internal development and acquisitions so that today PGI has grown to be one of the most successful multi-brand direct-to-consumer merchants in America, serving millions of customers a year.
At PGI, we look for unique talent and skills, and above all else, passion. Our employees are enthusiastic team members who love what they do, and come to work every day ready to jump in and roll up their sleeves. Employees here take initiative, take pride in their work and accomplishments, and are trusted to work independently while being team players known for sharing ideas, support, and resources.
PGI is a collaborative team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Team members are encouraged to think outside of the box, be creative, and push the envelope. Ideas are welcomed and generated through brainstorming, informal meetings, and even hallway and coffee room conversations. The workload is significant, deadlines run tight, critical projects are always on the table, but everyone pulls together to “get it done” because they care. People are more than just co-workers at PGI and it’s more than just another job here. It’s a calling, it’s a community, and it’s a career.
The (Warehouse) Distribution Center Trainer/Lead(2nd Shift) will be responsible for weekly new hire training of all distribution center personnel on their daily functions within the facility.
- Supervise training staff in Fulfillment Center
- Responsible for developing and\or modifying training procedures for the DC
- Responsible for maintaining updated training guidelines that reflect processes in DC
- Responsible for training the DC trainers and for ensuring that DC trainers are following training material and procedures.
- Responsible for qualifying new hire candidates, reporting, New Hire and Temp turnover percentages, New Hire and Temp performance
- Responsible for developing cross training plan for associates and scheduling training with DC managers. Maintaining the training simulation area.
- Assist DC trainers with identifying and re-train under performing employees Develop year round training program to educate, qualify, and certify leads and senior leads.
- Develop program to assess and prepare seasonal leads from current staff to support seasonal spike in staffing levels.
- Projects which directly increases the facility’s productivity, quality and efficiency. Responsible for powered industrial trucks training and records retention to meet OSHA, and company’s requirements.
- Along with other distribution center management and lead staff, responsible for addressing Safety issues/concerns. Other functions/responsibilities as requested
- Supervising the new hire training programs of all distribution center personnel, as well as ongoing training programs for all DC associates.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details a must.
- Prior warehouse work, training/coaching, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Earning and growth potential
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, and 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
Please visit our corporate website at www.PotpourriGroup.com for more information.
Potpourri Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule