Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following, but not limited to:
- Coordinates all aspects of special events, including continuing education events and educational programs with ophthalmologists, optometrists, occupational therapists, teachers of the visually impaired and others.
- Meets regularly with Development staff and Program staff to gather and share information to efficiently expedite projects and reports.
- Provides writing, proofreading, graphic design, photography, production, and coordination for all Program Departments including website under supervision of the Executive Office:
- Assists in designing, writing and editing agency publications and promotional materials including: newsletter, program brochures, event invitations, posters and other communication materials.
- Refers to writing guides such as AP Style and Elements of Style to ensure accurate copy.
- Coordinates graphic design, print bids and production of all printed materials for the Miami Lighthouse.
- Assists in designing, writing, editing and managing Miami Lighthouse website on a weekly basis.
- Implement Miami Lighthouse’s social media strategy
- Assembles monthly LightLine™ Blog via Constant Contact
- Provides support and coordination to Miami Lighthouse fundraising and community outreach events (i.e. represents Miami Lighthouse at various health expos & events).
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Assists in other departments when needed.
- Provides back-up support for Receptionist as needed.
- Attends agency meetings/functions when needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Event Planning: 1 year (Required)
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Required)