- Bachelors/Technical Degree or 11+ years professional technical experience.
- 5+ years design & implementation experience with distributed or cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience communicating and collaborating across teams and organizations, both internal and external
- Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 35% of the time
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will cooperate with some of the world’s largest companies, AWS Account Management, and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
You will drive cloud adoption across your assigned customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help and support to build mind share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think proactively about business, products, and technical challenges.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact
- Enjoy working with customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed while developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with fellow SAs and the sales team to design solutions for customers to drive AWS adoption and best practices.
- Be the technical liaison between customers, service engineering, & support teams.
- Assist and conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community.
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, etc.
- Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
- Experience architecting/operating solutions build on AWS
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.